Custom fishing shops

R

ryan808

Is there any shops around Portland (give to take) that carry blanks and components for custom rods?

O

osmosis

My suggestion would be to head up to Woodland WA, and go to Anglers Workshop. While you're there the Lamiglas factory is right next door and they have rods for super cheap from time to time.

R

ryan808

Is there any other shops in Oregon that stock other than fly building material?

Q

qwapaw

Ryan, Mike at Oregon Rod Reel and tackle in Eugene has a bunch ordered. I think it will be there around Thanksgiving or a little before. Also 2 Brothers have some, but they were real low last time I went there. They may have new stock by now. Both are in Eugene and both are good people, But that's the best I can help with. Good Luck, Dan

R

ryan808

Thanks Dan, you know I would have figured there would be more custom rod shops in Oregon. Im moving to Oregon in December and wanted to get they lay of the land befreo I start building again.

D

DirectDrive

Thanks Dan, you know I would have figured there would be more custom rod shops in Oregon. Im moving to Oregon in December and wanted to get they lay of the land befreo I start building again.
As already mentioned, Angler's Workshop in Woodland is pretty much ground zero for rod building supplies and blanks in this area.
If they don't have it, you don't need it.