Custom fishing rods

M
msteuck
So i heard about this guy down in creswell and headed down there to check things out. His name is Glenn Wicks(Glenn Wicks Distributing),82682 river dr. I sure am glad i went down there! I have never seen so many rods under one roof! This guy has hundreds, maybe thousands, of rods ready to roll. If you are only looking for a blank then he is also your guy. He literally has thousands of different blanks if ya want to make your own rod. I picked up a hell of a rod for 72$!! It has a fast action 9'6 rainshadow blank, not sure about the guides.I was to excited to ask what brand they are. I picked my father up a really nice refurbished 9'6 fast action lamiglas for 37$. It was like goin to fishin nirvana! Anyway fellow OFFers, if your on a budget and need a new rod, you have to see this guy. I'm gonna put my new pole to the test tomorrow down on the Mckenzie, so if anyone else is gonna be out give me a shout. I'll be the guy in the silver 98 f150 and i'll be wearin a blazers hat. Tight lines. You can reach him at 985-2788.

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
Didn't this guy die last year?

M
msteuck
Glenn Wicks

Glenn Wicks

I have run into 3 or 4 people who have heard of this guy since i bought my rod from him and they all said they heard he was dead. He said he has been building rods for 35 years, and he has a hell of a collection to check out. If you do run down there, make sure to check the entire rod over! Some rods had a few little issues, and some had eyes that didn't quite line up. Great deals to be had. Check him out. If any one want more info just pm me. Come on rain!

J
JeannaJigs
Maybe it's a son or family member running it because I'm certain the guy died last september. Unless there is a zombie running around? I have seen his work my friend has about 5 rods from him, and they're great, he has had them 20 years.

K
Kodiak
JeannaJigs said:
Maybe it's a son or family member running it because I'm certain the guy died last september. Unless there is a zombie running around? I have seen his work my friend has about 5 rods from him, and they're great, he has had them 20 years.

Jenna..Old Fisherman Never Die...They Just Smell That Way!:clap:

M
mlw
JeannaJigs said:

I've heard that too, I went by about a year ago, and was helped by a relative.
Michael

J
JeannaJigs
Kodiak said:
Jenna..Old Fisherman Never Die...They Just Smell That Way!:clap:

Lol so true.

F
FishKiller23
I belive his son is running things now. Rainshadow blanks are pretty darn good Ive had a few rods made using rainshadow blanks.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Rainshadow are incredible blanks and a great company to work with, excellent customer service!