Custom Blades...

F
FishSchooler
Here are some blades (all on brass) that I created... (as in the colors)
DSC_9394.jpg
The Dot
Pure Black

DSC_9395.jpg
Coho Fireball

DSC_9408.jpg

Bloody Coho
"Bite This!" Arrow

DSC_9409.jpg
Christmas Coho
The Eye

DSC_9411.jpg
The designs on the back of all the blades, but I only have 5 size 4 trebs... so 2 will have to wait!

F
FishFinger
Actually they look very good. Guess the real test will be how well they hold up under water and tapping across rocks and such.

My initial guess is they should do pretty good.

Finish twisting up your spinners and get them river ready (balanced and tuned).

This should be the season your dad need to bring a camera, to document your 09 catches...

F
FishSchooler
They held up perfectly against a medium-force water. Rubbing them, no sweat. Dropped them a few times onto the desk, nothing! :dance:

As for balanced and tuned... I guess. Its the best a rusty pair of pliers and a small screwdriver can do!

T
Troutier Bassier
Nice Sharpie Finish,

But I dont think that Matters, They still look realy good.

M
metalmania
I tied a bunch this summer and my best pattern was very similar to that
"coho fireball" on the right, it's a great pattern for steel and nooks so i'm sure they'll kill the silvers:D. Still didn't work quite as well as the TCO's though;).

F
FishSchooler
I think it might be a little too small for nooks, if you are talking about that particular blade.
I'll put pics of all the finished custom-bladed products!

Once I find out how to get this UV dye to stop coming OFF of it so easily, Kodiak will go out of business! ;):lol: Except, that crap is purple... :rolleyes:
Managed to get one nickel blade coated in a shaky layer of UV purple, but I dont know if it's UV reflectant. Its all dried up.
And I made my own inferno blade... sweet red flame with a metallic red border, but sadly no UV. :(;)

Edit: If the Coho meeting thing is not from Aug 21-aug 30, I can make it and hopefully show these blades off ;)

T
Troutier Bassier
I think I could get my dad to buy me some Spinner making Stuff,
What exactly do I need to make Spinners for Coho?

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
I think I could get my dad to buy me some Spinner making Stuff,
What exactly do I need to make Spinners for Coho?

Fisherman's has components, but they have some stuff sometimes, and other times.
If you want to do the sharpie thing like me, get a few packs of size 4 brass blades.
Throw in some brass bodies (you can still sharpie them!) in various weights and shapes. Get some green, red, black, and orange beads. Along with 5 mm brass bearing beads and 1 mm brass beads. Then get some prelooped .31 or .36 spinner wire with plenty of size 3 clevises. In the end, enough size 4 trebs (owner is best).

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok, 1 More Question,
How do you Make the little loop at the End of your Wire for the Hook?

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Ok, 1 More Question,
How do you Make the little loop at the End of your Wire for the Hook?

I have a small screw driver
I took about 5000 pieces of duct tape (like 10 really) and secured it. Bend the wire around until it is a loop, but dont twist. Slip the hook on, and use your hand and spin it around, you'll figure it out.

T
Troutier Bassier
OK Thanks,
When I get back from Snake River ill go make some.

K
Kodiak
Schooler....the UV dye is for bait. The reason it was still on the shelves at GI joes is because no one really wants to fish purple eggs....except maybe me. There are some things you can do from home that will help, just do a little research, you are a smart kid, you'll figure it out...if you need help PM me Or you can call me from the # on my web site.

F
FishSchooler
I guess I can UV-ify some yarn then :)
Research about what?