Cullaby Lake bass

limey222

Waiting for the blue-green algae to die down on Cullaby so i can go back to catching largemouth bass there. Must be leaky septic tanks from the houses on one side of the lake. Blue lake seems to have the same problem, it seems that houses and small lakes don't mix well.

bass

Yikes, that is kind of scary. Do you ever fish the sloughs along the Columbia. There was someone who posted a while back (I think it was here) about doing really well there. With the tidal influence you are probably less likely to have an algae problem. I figure that is not too far from Cullaby.

limey222

Yikes, that is kind of scary. Do you ever fish the sloughs along the Columbia. There was someone who posted a while back (I think it was here) about doing really well there. With the tidal influence you are probably less likely to have an algae problem. I figure that is not too far from Cullaby.
I know I should check the slough out but i'm kinda scared about catching two-headed fish or something. Not sure which end would be the less polluted with PCB's and heavy metals, maybe near where it joins the main river since the tidal influence maybe a cleansing factor

bass

With two-headed fish you have twice the chance of getting a bite :)

I don't think PCB and heavy metal pollution are a problem for C&R fishing. If you want to eat them then of course I would not recommend fishing there. Also, I was thinking of the sloughs and backwaters near the mouth of the Columbia, not the Columbia slough in Portland. Those waters near the coast are where I have seen folks catching some huge largemouth on youtube. Since you mentioned Cullaby I assumed you were near the coast.