Crushing the coast

N

nwkiller

Went down to Winchester with friends and family, I knew the salmon were thick in the bay so me and a few buddies went down in search....First we went and threw some crab cages in hoping we could get some for dinner. Went over to the hole. Chose our spots and started "hucking" hardware. On the second cast my buddy got in to this nice 28 lb Chinook
lando.jpg
(this is a very real picture, i just can't give up the spot, but i can say its in winchester and its right at waters edge!!! sorry)
She almost spooled him putting up and amazing 20 minute fight, she would run out to the depths and back. And the bonus was ROE!!
our other buddy next to us already had 2 nice nooks on the bank but i think my other buddies in the picture was bigger.
couple casts later another friend hooks a nook who is just shy to keep...somewhere around 20 inches.
couple hours go by with nothing then Bamm!!! salmon flying, line zinging....COHO on, the friend that caught the jack, hooks into a nice 14 lb hatchery silver...sorry didn't have the camera at that moment the girl friend did!!!
With sore arms and lost lures we called it a day, now to check our crab traps
OH YEAH 5 KEEPERS, and one of the largest dungenous crabs ive seen or caught he measured almost 12 inches across his shell
crab.jpg
AMAZING weekend at the coast...except for my salmon....ill be back real soon!!!!

T

Thuggin4Life

Sweet! Good to know. Hopefully we have some good reports here soon. That is a BIG crab!

B

bigsteel

excellent fish man...........you can send that crab on over here if you dont need it:lol:

N

nwkiller

lol...the worst part is i was manning the BBQ for 25 person camp and ended up not getting any....isn't that a bumber, way to take care of the chef huh......they made up for it with cake

B

bigsteel

no crab for the cook,,,,,,,that sucks,,that guy looks tasty..

R

rippin fish lips

NWkiller, I think i saw you out there, maybe. I was watching a guy fight a fish for about 20 mins. I was out there with strike zone charters on a 26' red and chrome jet boat. When we first started fishing it was fish on BAM BAM BAM!!! then it died down for a couple hours like you said. Then BAM BAM BAM!!! Anyways there was 4 ppl on the boat (1 being the guide). I landed 2 10-11ilb coho! and my buddy landed 2, 20lb nooks. No photos right now but will ahve them up soon! Good day on the ocean!

N

nwkiller

these are from saturday, sorry i didn't specify, nice job on you though

R

rippin fish lips

oh ok, Its ok tho! I got about 6 or 8 things of eggs, skiens right? I dont fish With them and dont want them to go to waste So if anyone is interested maybe ill sell them cheep or something. But ill bring this to the (sell) thread.

R

rippin fish lips

Would you buy them possibly? I want to try to make a little gas money for some fishing trips around here.

N

nwkiller

i dont know if your allowed to sell eggs from fish uve harvested......but i wont let them go to waste!!!! for free

J

JeannaJigs

Niiiiiiiiiiiice fish. Love the paintshop job :)

p.s. no go on the selling eggs from privately non comercially harvested fish.

N

nwkiller

thanks jeanna.....no serious that's what it looked like behind him..lol i just colored in the grass

thanks for the egg info

F

Finneus Polebender

Way awesome day that is a monster dungy only ever saw one that big before gut yarded it up out in waldport by the mouth of the bay 11and 3/4 across the back. Way to slay em dude!

N

nwkiller

remember that the big ones don't fit in the net? we only had one drive by... it was still a fun weekend

thats funny cause our friend this older guy brought his bigger net just cause he had trouble getting one in the other day

N

nwkiller

Way awesome day that is a monster dungy only ever saw one that big before gut yarded it up out in waldport by the mouth of the bay 11and 3/4 across the back. Way to slay em dude!

i swear it must have been his doppleganger from a different bay, some beast crabs in there, i swear mine shoulda had a tag on it it was so big..lol

N

nwkiller

the picture of the crab was customly taken for the featured reports, thought it would look good on the board, we will see what happens wink wink

J

JeannaJigs

but the paint job is way more impressive than the sea spider!