Crooked River report

S
sapo
So...Headed out to the Crooked for a couple days this weekend! The fishing is really doing well right now, dries are working ok but indicators/scuds are the biggest producers. Fished a few miles below Bowman most of the time, fishing was decent in the morning, lost a couple fish, then from 11 AM-2 PM the fishing was on fire. Lost/missed over 20, my friend Brett missed countless also. Brett managed to land an 18" whitefish, while I landed a couple really nice 15-17" rainbows, monsters for the crooked, and my rod was bent in half for a couple of minutes during the fight! Missed a lot of smaller ones. However, in my opinion, two or three 17" trout that fight like heck for a couple of minutes are better than six or seven 9" easy fish. Tried another (relatively unfished) stretch of the river a little later that day. Fishing was slower, hooked up with a nice one on a scud but wasn't paying attention and lost him. Got a few more hits on the scud also last night. This morning, fishing was slower, a hit on a woolly bugger but not much going on. River is nice!! Btw the second stretch I fished was in Terrebonne. (I'll edit this post with some more pictures tomorrow afternoon)

Reactions: Irishrover
T
TimberTodd
Sounds like you had a great weekend Sapo. Looking forward to your pictures.

Irishrover
Irishrover
This is a great time to be over there fishing......the snakes should still be sleeping. Glad you had a good time.

S
sapo
Pictures:
IMG_5737.jpgThis picture is small (click on it), but shows how beautiful the river is.
IMG_5798.jpgLooks like all the pictures are small, so you'll have to click on all of them, but this is a nice fish I caught (Brett's holding the rod).
IMG_5801.jpgCool whitefish Brett caught!
IMG_5800.jpgAnother trout I caught! I want to head back to the crooked again...it was awesome!

S
Stonefish
Nice work. Those are some nice bows.
I hope to fish the Crooked someday.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Really odd question but did you happen to post a video of you guys to instagram??

S
sapo
Lol SiletzTroutKiller, yes I did! We're trout_candy_films on insta. What's your username/account?

J
JeannaJigs
Irishrover said:
This is a great time to be over there fishing......the snakes should still be sleeping. Glad you had a good time.

It's my favoritest time for that reason LOL.

Excellent report, thanks for sharing!

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
sapo said:
Lol SiletzTroutKiller, yes I did! We're trout_candy_films on insta. What's your username/account?

I'm @pnwtroutfitters haha I believe I follow you

jamisonace
jamisonace
Beautiful Sapo, great report. Can't wait to get over there.

R
Richard W T
Nicely done!