Columbia River Knife and Tool Company

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
I do hereby attest and affirm that the Columbia River Knife and Tool Company has done me a solid.

I purchased a knife of theirs a couple years ago. It was a “Hootenanny” designed by the illustrious Ken Onion, and I was very impressed with the form and function of the knife. It was assisted, drop point, with a hollow bevel grind, a bit of jimping by the thumb stud, and a slight weight forward balance. It felt like a custom knife, but I paid $80 for it.

In the end, the lock failed. I contacted the manufacturer and gave a brief, honest account of the circumstances under which the failure occurred.

I got a new knife in the mail, quickly, with no questions asked.

I just wanted to put that out there. I’m satisfied and impressed.

Cheers all.

SS

Reactions: troutdude, NKlamerus, fromthelogo and 2 others
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I've never had a warranty issue with CRKT but I'm not surprised by your experience. I carry a CRKT on my salt water PFD, 'Ryan Plan B' by Steve Ryan. In my case, it's that scalpel sharp serrated part that would let me cut a tangled crab trap rope in one pull. Great knives.

wuCF3Vr.jpg

SFuMxyx.jpg

Reactions: NKlamerus and Shaun Solomon
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Glad to hear, one of the benefits of living up here is proximity to some of these manufacturers lol

Gerber, Leatherman, CRKT, etc...

I have had a few CRKT knives but still prefer a leatherman, going on 9 years now carrying one every day.

Some saltwater captain friends of mine carry some of the Plan Bs, or something similar, near their bow lines for emergencies, no complaints so far.

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I have a K-BAR and have had it for several years, actually since about 78. One thing I love is a good sharp knife when I need it.

Reactions: Shaun Solomon
Top Bottom