Cripplure & Hum Dingers

O
Oregonchris
Why do they only put stickers on one side? I bought some of the UV stuff and it seems if they put the UV on both sides it would be more better? I sent Shasta Tackle an email to see if I could purchase UV stickers so I could put them on myself. I will let you know what I hear. Chris

A
ArcticAmoeba
For contrast. Same reason why on some of my Summer Steelhead murderers, the blades of the spinner are painted on the back only. But for an application like these are going to be used, I can't see why a bunch more flash would hurt it? Kokes are crazy! They eat anything! Haha!:lol:

O
Oregonchris
Here is the response from Gary at Shasta Tackle...He is a pretty cool guy.

Great question. When I tested these new tapes I tried it both ways and did not find it a benefit having in on both side. The extra cost of putting it on both side would increase the sales price by .20 cents. I felt it would be better to save the customer money I plan on making the tape available soon. Look for it on my website. If you make an order on our site please request some uv tape and we will send you some.

Good fishing

Gary

S
Silver Bullets
I've wondered the same thing. What I do to all my kokanee gear is add more tape...holographic, glitter, holoform, fishscale ...etc, etc. I not only do this to lures, but dodgers, balltrolls, and the downrigger ball as well. I'm convinced it helps with the catch rate... time after time they've out fished store bought lures. The tape is generally applied in contrasting colors for the different levels of the water column. I've noticed a trend lately with a few tackle manufacturers starting to apply tape to both sides of their dodger's.

O
Oregonchris
Silver Bullets said:
I've wondered the same thing. What I do to all my kokanee gear is add more tape...holographic, glitter, holoform, fishscale ...etc, etc. I not only do this to lures, but dodgers, balltrolls, and the downrigger ball as well. I'm convinced it helps with the catch rate... time after time they've out fished store bought lures. The tape is generally applied in contrasting colors for the different levels of the water column. I've noticed a trend lately with a few tackle manufacturers starting to apply tape to both sides of their dodger's.

I have actually found some really cool sticker material at Bi-Mart....They dont have any UV but I picked up some Pro-Cure UV Schmeer to use very now and then.

O
Oregonchris
That is a good idea...Everyone is getting ready for fish openers right now though...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Yahoo! Swap Meet and Greet

Yahoo! Swap Meet and Greet

Troutski said:
How about June....lets say June 13 - 14th at the I-5 rest area at the Santiam river...plenty of room and a place to try out any thing you pick up at the Swap Meet and Greet. We could even have a free table..I have things that I will never use again and would love to give to someone that would use them to create a bag full of smiles.
This is sounding like a cool thing, anyone else interested ?

Chuck

I second that motion!
Be safe.
Barb

S
Silver Bullets
Oregonchris said:
I have actually found some really cool sticker material at Bi-Mart....They dont have any UV but I picked up some Pro-Cure UV Schmeer to use very now and then.

How have you done with the new uv stuff Chris? So far, I'm not that impressed. Where I fish the water is very clear, and our kokanee target depth doesn't get much past the 50' depth. In my experiance, the holographic lures outproduce the uv and glows by a very large margin. I think the use of fluorescents and holographics with contrasting colors works very well. I guess it all depends on the lake, depth, and water clarity.

O
Oregonchris
Tell ya the truth I havent had any of my new UV stuff out yet...The koke waters around this neck of the wood is just starting to turn on.

Side note...Do you ever use mini hoochies made out of crappie jigs?...I have discovered that if you dip them in a bottle ofPro-Cure Bad Azz Bait Die...you can come up with some pretty unique stuff.

S
Silver Bullets
Oregonchris said:
Tell ya the truth I havent had any of my new UV stuff out yet...The koke waters around this neck of the wood is just starting to turn on.

Side note...Do you ever use mini hoochies made out of crappie jigs?...I have discovered that if you dip them in a bottle ofPro-Cure Bad Azz Bait Die...you can come up with some pretty unique stuff.

pm sent...

Troutski
Troutski
Oregonchris said:

Interesting you would bring that up, I have been using them for about 2 years now for Land Locked Chinook at Hills Creek and Cougar...very effective approach, in conjunction with a down rigger.

Chuck

E
eric71m
mini hoochi from crapie jigs... that same approach was brought up at the koke class at suttle lake this weekend!