Crescent Lake mack

jamisonace
jamisonace
In case anyone is interested in a second hand report from Crescent Lake. I was having dinner at Crescent Lake Resort's lodge on Thursday night and a guy walks onto the deck with a 15lb Mack. Apparantely he was fishing for Kokanee and hooked into it. From what I understand, this time of year the Macks come up and move into much more shallow water while the water is still cold in search of food. I'll be interested in targeting them when they start surfacing for dry flies;)

Irishrover
Irishrover
I can believe it. Here is a fishing story and it's true! Irishrover Sr. my wife and I were out fishing for kokes and doing OK right there at Crescent Lake. IR Senior hooked a koke and as he was bringing it in a greedy Mac comes along and slams the koke and wont let go. We landed the Mac and the koke. This happened in the summer of 1994 a few years back. It reminded me of catching rock fish out of Newport and having a ling come along and take the rock fish only to end up in our fish box. That's happen twice on our boat. The Mac in the picture is the greedy one. Glad to here the lodge is still open I heard it was up for sale a while back.

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
I bet that was fun!!! :D

The resort is very nice, didn't stay there but i bought some cookies before we fished in March :)

T
Thuggin4Life
thats funny we had one do the same thing while jigging for macks under a school of kokes. ended up spitting the koke out at the boat. be sure to take a big flyrod up there with you. i have heard the same thing about them in the shallows before the heat of summer hits.

B
bigsteel
Irishrover said:
I can believe it. Here is a fishing story and it's true! Irishrover Sr. my wife and I were out fishing for kokes and doing OK right there at Crescent Lake. IR Senior hooked a koke and as he was bringing it in a greedy Mac comes along and slams the koke and wont let go. We landed the Mac and the koke. This happened in the summer of 1994 a few years back. It reminded me of catching rock fish out of Newport and having a ling come along and take the rock fish only to end up in our fish box. That's happen twice on our boat. The Mac in the picture is the greedy one. Glad to here the lodge is still open I heard it was up for sale a while back.
so thats the original Irishrover

jamisonace
jamisonace
I'll have to bring the fly rod. Last year I picked up a bunch of big flies that imitate a juvenile kokanee for the browns at Miller Lake. I never made it up there but I bet they'd work at Crescent too.
Thuggin4Life said:
thats funny we had one do the same thing while jigging for macks under a school of kokes. ended up spitting the koke out at the boat. be sure to take a big flyrod up there with you. i have heard the same thing about them in the shallows before the heat of summer hits.