Crescent Lake again!

O
oldhippie
Man I love that lake! Went up yesterday, we got a 6lb brown about a 8lb mac that went back in and a couple smaller browns. Gorgeous sunrise, no wind, warm, eagles, absolutely wonderful morning!

18406ej
18406ej
Sounds like a good time- congratulations on the big fish!

M
meluvtrout
oldhippie said:
Man I love that lake! Went up yesterday, we got a 6lb brown about a 8lb mac that went back in and a couple smaller browns. Gorgeous sunrise, no wind, warm, eagles, absolutely wonderful morning!

In another 30 years or so, I'm planning on becoming an old hippie like you are and fish anytime I want to! :D Congrats on the catch...

O
oldhippie
meluvtrout said:
In another 30 years or so, I'm planning on becoming an old hippie like you are and fish anytime I want to! :D Congrats on the catch...

:lol: Man, I wish I could go anytime! I still work but kept enough vacation to allow me to be opportunistic! It's not often we can get into the high lakes during mid November.

A
allford
What were you using? My father in law lives in Crescent and we are headed down there for Thanksgiving. My friend said I could take his boat over the holidays and I had thought about draging it along.

F
Fishtopher
oldhippie said:
It's not often we can get into the high lakes during mid November.

So so true! I saw a few pics yesterday of three guys limits from three different lakes on three different days up on the big rock.

Get 'em while they're hungry!! After this week, I doubt all those lakes will be easy to get to...

Reactions: OnTheFly
O
oldhippie
allford said:
What were you using? My father in law lives in Crescent and we are headed down there for Thanksgiving. My friend said I could take his boat over the holidays and I had thought about draging it along.

We use castmasters 1/4 and 1/3oz and Rapalas, #11 floating, #9 sinking. The best fishing is usually by the resort in about 15 feet of water. You have to get there early, it's often over when the sun hits the water. (my buddies are going to kill me for divulging this much.... :shock: )

A
allford
Thanks! You should have ended your post with this post will self destruct in 5 seconds. :lol:

J
joemomma
Nice job, that is aspecial lake! I wish I could be an old hippie! I just don't have the hair!:shock:

O
oldhippie
joemomma said:
Nice job, that is aspecial lake! I wish I could be an old hippie! I just don't have the hair!:shock:

It really is special, the fish out of there are really exceptional eating.

Troutski
Troutski
Island....

Island....

There is an island in the back of the lake, depending on the level of the lake, this area has a very cool drop off and can be very good Brown Trout area. Again it depends on the lake level, well worth a look.

Chuck

O
oldhippie
Troutski said:
There is an island in the back of the lake, depending on the level of the lake, this area has a very cool drop off and can be very good Brown Trout area. Again it depends on the lake level, well worth a look.

Chuck

We've done well up that end too. Good spot for kokanee there. There's a lot more to fish when the water is up. It's a long run up the lake though...

O
oldhippie
allford said:
Thanks! You should have ended your post with this post will self destruct in 5 seconds. :lol:

Did you go?

A
allford
I did go, but I got up late. By the time I got there, blew up my raft and started fishing it was 9:30 and I had to leave by noon for turkey. I saw lots of big fish jumping but didn't get to meet any up close. Next time I head down I will have my act together and I think I know where to fish. Man that water is clear! I had a good time enjoying the view and chilling out. I was the only one on the water. :cool:

Troutski
Troutski
Cresent Lake....

Cresent Lake....

allford said:
I did go, but I got up late. By the time I got there, blew up my raft and started fishing it was 9:30 and I had to leave by noon for turkey. I saw lots of big fish jumping but didn't get to meet any up close. Next time I head down I will have my act together and I think I know where to fish. Man that water is clear! I had a good time enjoying the view and chilling out. I was the only one on the water. :cool:

You took a blow up raft to Crescent lake in the winter time...very gutsy.

Chuck

P
phish-on
is this the crescent lake of which you speak?

O
oldhippie
phish-on said:
is this the crescent lake of which you speak?

That doesn't look like it. It's the one just beyond Willamette Pass on highway 58.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Crescent Lake Resort and lodge in willamette pass in central Oregon fishing skiing & camping

Here is a site that will show you the lake. Last I heard the resort was up for sale. That lake is a great place to relax, and it usually been productive for me. I posted a picture of a nice lake trout I caught there in the "Fishing Central Oregon Section". I'd post some pictures here but I can't seem to make the attachment thing work no matter which way I try it.

Last edited:
O
oldhippie
It's still accessible, I'm going to head up there Wednesday morning. Looks like everything above sealevel's going to be inaccessible after this weekend!

O
oldhippie
oldhippie said:
It's still accessible, I'm going to head up there Wednesday morning. Looks like everything above sealevel's going to be inaccessible after this weekend!

Got up there Wed. morning to a gorgeous sunrise, cold, lower 20s but little wind. We got 3 browns, the biggest was about 4lbs. The eagles were all over the place with one particular immature bumping adults off their perches along the north shore. Fishing was slow but it was one of the nicest days I've been up there any time of year!