Crescent Lake 06-17-2010 --- 06-19-2010

T
Thuggin4Life
When up with bfishin to do some fishing at crescent for his inlws mens retreat they do through the church every year. Wasn't fond of the sobriaty but made the best of it and made up for it saturday night when we got back into town and by now i feel like I have caught back up. been enjoying the weather a bit too much to make the post but here it is. got up there thursday afternoon with plenty of time to set up our little kitchen and camping area in the big group camp at conatora(something like that). no one informed me that there was no dogs allowed to make things fair and easy on everyone i thought camping was camping so kiska came but turned out not to be a problem and someone else didn't get the memo either. Grabed a buddy that doesn't fish much and headed out for an evening brown quest and made one long troll arounf the lake and then worked a bank neer camp and came in empty handed with the running lights on. we woke up early saturday morning and hit a few good banks working them over really well without any luck. after breakfast one of the kokanee boats came in with a 12lb mac they had got jigging for kokes. seemed like averyone doing the koke thing was having decent results so we tried it without a fishfinder or downriggers. trolled at various depth out were the other koke heads were at but didn't do it for long because of the wind. killed the motor and jig trolled in the wind for a bit and I got a little 12" koke but that was it. decided to try for some macs for a bit since we had taken a guy from camp out with us and he wanted to get into one. with limited gear we just used several banana wieghts and dropped down deep and trolled are brown gear slowy and soon after brandon had a nice 24" mac to the boat. got a quick pic and sent it back down to the depths of crescent to grow. Since we skippe dthe sermon thusday night I was gonna show my face for the friday night one but after a quick trip to town i notice the lake had calmed down. ariving back to camp right as the sermon started i snuck over to my boat and headed out while everyone watched me leave. got out on the water and the wind had picked back up and was very rough by myself trying to troll 2 rods and steer the boat while trying to rearange the weight. got the weight figured out but it was rough so i reeled in and headed back for camp. wasn't so bad heading back so i dropped a line out. soon I had what felt to be a good 3lb brown on my line and a long fight in with the fish and the weather I noticed it was a good sized rainbow. 16" 1lb 11oz and a rare crescent fish. weather soon let up and i kept at it until almost last legal and came in with the lights on for the 2nd night and 3rd brown hunting trip without anything but the little gem that bit off more than it could chew. Made for a nice meal. ended up not getting along with the alarm saturday morning and was on the way home before noon. We had a blast and I met some new people and kiska had the time of her life. I took her out several times to chase the jeep and one trip she ran for 5 miles( stopping for water of course). Really nice to be up there this time of the year. All my other crescent trips have been winter trips with snow on the ground ice on the water and the occasion snow in the air with water temps barely above freezing. quite the opposite this time. Anyways here are some pictures.

T
Thuggin4Life
more pics

T
Throbbit _Shane
Bet that rainbow tasted great!! looks like fun time was had by all including kiska. nice job gettin the little mack :D when are you getting downriggers ?

T
Thuggin4Life
Someday hopefully before the december mack fest to be had at crescent.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Dude if you go mac fishing at Cresent and have an extra spot anywhere LET ME KNOW man. I have never been fishing for them but I have all kinds of salt water baits that would work great I bet. I hear if you want some mac, Cresent is the place to be! I will bring a cooler of good beer!

T
Thuggin4Life
Hey man anytime gonna be trying to get the right gear Before december. I hear dec is the best time of the year to fish for them. we have tryed all kinds of ghetto tricks to get down deep and i think once i have the dr's it will pay off. soon as i get some we can hit it up. only tryed for them because we were there.

N
nwkiller
nice job man, the pics are awesome especially the one with the clouds
great story too

T
Thuggin4Life
I forgot to mention that friday morning everything in the boat was iced over.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
And you're gonna go back in DECEMBER? I take back everything I said. Although I appreciate your hospitality, not interested anymore.

T
Thuggin4Life
lol i have fished crescent 6 times and this was the first time it wasn't on the winter. maybe if i get some dr's when the weather is still good or next year i'll take you up on your beer for fish offer. then the avatar pic is from another trip up there and i guess i never loaded and made any reports but i have more sets of pictures from 2 other trips in the winter before. really nice lake even in the winter.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Man the last time I was at Cresent I was 12 years old at the Boyscouts camp, middle of November getting full blown hypothermia twice in one week trying to get a Swimming Merit Badge. That damn Nazi scout leader just about killed me but I got that facking badge!! haha

Hit me up whenever man you can keep Macs right?

T
the_intimidator03
Andy great pictures, I will say if you want to go to cresent in the winter... count me IN lol ill freeze my self for fishing :-D

T
Throbbit _Shane
GraphiteZen said:
Man the last time I was at Cresent I was 12 years old at the Boyscouts camp, middle of November getting full blown hypothermia twice in one week trying to get a Swimming Merit Badge. That damn Nazi scout leader just about killed me but I got that facking badge!! haha

Hit me up whenever man you can keep Macs right?

you can keep 1 a day if its over 30 inches. i dont think id keep one though. im also down to fish for them when ever :D also i might be good luck fishing for them, we caught 2 the first time i went out there for um :D

M
metalfisher76
Cool report and nice rainbow!

C
Cohosanders
Nice looking fish guys and beautiful pictures too.

W
windburnt
good job guys..great pics

F
fishingfreak
Nice pics and nice fish! Sounds like a great time.