Crescent Lake 02-28-2010

T
Thuggin4Life
Me, BFishin, and Kiska headed out of town around 4:00 to get to Crescent Lake before first legal. When we arived despite the rain we had here in the valley it didn't look as if any new snow had fallen since last weekend. Air temp was 17* when we arived at the ramp around 5:40 and a quck scramble to get the boat ready had us trolling for browns slightly after first legal. water temp was 35*. Trolled for trophy browns crescent has been known for for several hours without any success. Leaving my downriggers at home since they only get me down 80-85' we tried running some deep six divers in search of mackinaw. Seen another boat and turned out to be Fish-on-Bend, an ifish member with tons of successful reports from crescent. And a member of Your online trophy trout fishing resource... and who's reports had triggered my first trip up. You could smell his pipe throught the day as we both dragged the bottom along a similar stretch in search of monster macs. After realizing the flawed diver setup we swithed to an improvised rig similar to tidewater trolling. We ran a spreader with a dropper to a 1lb wieght and a long leader to our lures. Let me tell you going from using 4-6 oz weights to get down 15-40' is simple compared to a 16oz weight trying to get down 100-130' down. But it did work and we were fishing the bottom in no time. Plenty of fish on the screen but none came to our boat. the other boat however had had some success with a few fish we seen to the boat and I'm sure there were other we didn't see and can't wait to find his report of the day. we even ran across a few schools of kokanee and tries some jigging but lost the school. After a quick seach we found it again but lost it soon after. Took a break around noon to let the dog out and to stretch our legs. Water was like glass all day and every lake we drove by on the way home was the same. Seem like all across the state the weather couldn't have been better. I managed to get a slight sunburn on my face witch is hard to believe since when we started fishing ice was forming on the rods and even across the lake. We called it a day sometime after 3. Despite the initial cold weather and no fish to the boat I couldn't think of anything or anywhere I would have rather done or been.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Cool pictures and report. Yesterday was a great day to be out on the water. That pic of kiska in the blanket cracked me up lol.

T
Thuggin4Life
Throbbit _Shane said:
Cool pictures and report. Yesterday was a great day to be out on the water. That pic of kiska in the blanket cracked me up lol.
Yeah last time she keep crawiling up in the bow and curling up on the other life jacket. I have tried to make the middle seat her seat when we are out fishing. Seemed like last she was trying to get out of the cold air so to keep her out of the bow(where we put the extra rods) I brought her blanket. At least I got her pink collar and leash off and traded for black. And the time before it was snowing so bad I eneded up putting her in my coat. Wish i took the camera for that trip, would have made a cool pic. Once it warmed up i stashed her blacket up in the bow so no one would see it.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Seeing your pictures makes me want to have a four legged fishing partner :)

T
Throbbit _Shane
I might be going to Crescent Lake this friday im sooo stoked :)

T
Throbbit _Shane
Its confirmed im going to Crescent this friday!!!! Leaving town at 530. ill take lots of pictures and hopefully catch some of those huge trout :D :)

It'll be my first time out there, i dont know how im gonna sleep the night before lol

H
Hawk
Throbbit _Shane said:
Its confirmed im going to Crescent this friday!!!! Leaving town at 530. ill take lots of pictures and hopefully catch some of those huge trout :D :)

It'll be my first time out there, i dont know how im gonna sleep the night before lol

Catch you som bigg'uns Bro.

:lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:

Drive Safely...

T
Throbbit _Shane
Thanks hawk, if i hook into one of those bigg'uns i might ah umm.... nevermind lol

And thankfully im not driving :) and i get to fish from a boat, havent done that in ages LOL

T
Thuggin4Life
Good luck out there. Catching fish at crescent is a bonus. And you will get some great pics.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Im just making a quick post, sorry for not starting my own thread i will later :D

I got the bonus today thuggin :) :D the one in the pic was the 2nd one of the day and the last of the day.

T
Thuggin4Life
I bet you guys have downriggers. Mine don't have enough cable or enough wieght.

T
Throbbit _Shane
yep downriggers about 120ft down on some rappalas

I was lucky enough to be offered a seat from Jed from Ifish. i hope to fish with him again, i told him about OFF lets see if he joins :)

T
Thuggin4Life
Man i bet you headed south staight form the resoert and trolled along the east bank. Just barely out of my depth capabilities. You are one luck guy to get a seat with real equipment to get down for them pigs.