Creek Company-ODC 915

K
koboabe
I found a Creek Company-ODC 915 on Craigslist for $400
I am pretty sure I will buy it, but I thought i would check the forum

does anyone have any experence with this boat?
I see you can buy a standing platform for it and it seems like a good deal...

L
lizardman
While not a bad deal it isn't that great when considering what one can buy a nine foot pontoon at Wholesale Sports (formerly Sportsman's Warehouse).

I purchased my two nine foot pontoons that are marked "Sportsman's 9" which are Outcast brand "fishcat 9" boats that Sportsman's bought in bulk with their own logo instead of the Outcast logo on them, and I think I paid $450.00 each (about three years ago), and they were complete with the exeption of extra bags, extra rod holders, and longer oars (I like to use the nine foot Carlisles instead of the seven foot oars that came with them), an anchor and anchor rope.

In fact I would sell one of mine with the extra bags, anchor, Scotty's rod holders and other accessories for $600.00.

Also 10 feet is the minimum length tube that Outcast recomends for use of a casting platform (which adds an extra few pounds to your set up).

All in all I really think if you wait you can find a better deal on a pontoon in the nine foot or longer lengths that you will be happy with. If this Creek company boat comes with exta oars, an electric pump (uses car battery for energy source like an "LVM" brand pump), rod holders, and other accessories it very well might be worth the asking price; however, if it is just the bare boat with the factory oars and no accessories then my opinion is the asking price is about $100.00 too high.

Dave

Last edited:
J
joesnuffy
I've got a creek company pontoon. Really high quality. I'd recommend it to somebody interested in one.

K
koboabe
Hey Lizardman,
thanks for the comment.
I know nothing about pontoon boats (except for my minor online research)
I have read a few reviews of the fishcat 9 and it looks like a great boat
I will have to check them out, I didn't realize they still had a store on 82nd.
there website only shows a FISH CAT COUGAR - Outcast for $989.95
I would be interested in your boat, but I cannot go above $500 right now :/

K
koboabe
Doh, just called and they are fresh out of all pontoons. no ETA on new stock.