crawdiddley daddys

H
Hawk
I used to be able to find pretty big crawdads but not for some years, but i haven't tried looking very hard.

I've heard Lake Billy Chinook & Timothy Lake are real good but i haven't been there yet..............................:D

A
A_J-Llama
I would check the regs before chasin daddies at Billy, was told you aren't allowed to catch them in the Metolius arm. Was at the marina(e loop) when a boat came in loaded with traps, most daddies I've ever seen, he gave us a dozen and we headed all the way up the Crooked arm and slayed the trout with em. Also, on a trip to Timothy, watched a family catching daddies by hand at dusk. They had on head lamps, tossed friskies dog kibbles along the shore in the wate, then just walked up and down the beach picking them up by hand as the swarms of daddies marched towards the beach. It was the wildest thing to watch. This was late summer as they hibernate longer in the colder lakes like Timothy,Clear, and Harriet.

F
fish_4_all
Where to catch crawdads. Anywhere there is water pretty much. Fish head and guts work best for me. Throw a lie in the water and wait til oyu see or feel a crawdad on it. Slowly pull them in and use a fine mesh net to scoop them up. Cuaght 200 plus when I was a kid doing this in a lake.

We have drainage ditches right here in my town and there are crawdads in it. I am not sure I know of a body of water here that doesn't have them. Fresh water anyway.