Crawdads in the OC area

R
Redfox458
Looking for a good place to leave a few traps in overnight to get a crawdad boil going. I have friends visiting from Alaska who have never even heard of crawdads/crawfish/mud bugs. I used to go off of Redland Rd on the Abernathy but the property that I was using was sold, the new owner says I can't use the land anymore. Do you guys know of a good crawdad location close by? I don't feel comfortable leaving my traps overnight at a place like Timothy Lake without camping nearby. Maybe I could plan an early morning fishing trip to Timothy and leave them in all day and pull them before I go? What do you guys think?

P
perfectg03
Head across the bridge into West Linn and hit the section of the Tualatin through there. I grew up in West Linn and caught thousands playing around there as a kid.

R
Redfox458
Are you talking in Willamette Park area? I guess I had never thought about that area before, but good idea, that IS super close.

P
perfectg03
Redfox458 said:
Are you talking in Willamette Park area? I guess I had never thought about that area before, but good idea, that IS super close.

Yeah, either there or Fields Bridge park which is just down willamette falls drive a ways.

Reactions: Redfox458
R
Redfox458
perfectg03 said:
Yeah, either there or Fields Bridge park which is just down willamette falls drive a ways.

Very cool, I'll go check these spots out this week and see if I can find a good hiding spot for my traps. I'm thinking of using black 550 paracord down to my traps so I can bury the line and hide them, I'm hoping to let the traps sit at least over night.