Crash course Diamond Lake

A
Aton
Hi folks,

Sounds like were heading to the lake 11-30-13. I haven't been on that water in about 28 years. Back then a we used to have 6lb. main and 4lb leader, almost everybody trolled around a Ford fender/ maybe even two Ford fenders, 2-3 ft. leader and a piece of night crawler. Or some velveta cheese on a treble hook. And my Grandpa would never sink a can of creamed corn on a stringer and chum em.:blushing: Besides he's been dead for 25 years so that statute of limitations has run out. So anyhow...what do you folks use up there these days. From the rod-to the reel-to the terminal tackle-to the method.

Thanks again,

Aton...

G
grampa ron
I hope your prepared for some pretty nasty weather. You don't need the fenders. Use a small wobbler with a little pc of worm on it, 4lb line and a couple split shot.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Power bait or eggs off the bottom, Night crawlers with a bobber, and trolling all will work. I was up there on Halloween in 2012 and was getting fish pretty much any way I fished.

troutdude
troutdude
grampa ron said:
I hope your prepared for some pretty nasty weather.

Yep. Looks like you may have icy road conditions, on Saturday night. Be careful out there; and good luck.

Hope you are out of there, before a big storm hits on Sunday (or you are, at least prepared for the worst).

Here's the Crater Lake forecast, from the National Weather Service:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Crater+Lake&state=OR&site=MFR&textField1=42.9&textField2=-122.13&e=0#.UpgNOidPlD8

T
troutmasta
Report?

S
SOMCREW
When does Ice Fishing Start?

S
SailCat
According to the latest information from the resort, ice has covered Diamond Lake with sub-zero overnight temperatures. Boat ramps closed as snow covered them. The ice is expected to be thick enough for ice fishing shortly after the holidays.

Let us know how you do ... it's too cold for me!

S
SOMCREW
SailCat said:
According to the latest information from the resort, ice has covered Diamond Lake with sub-zero overnight temperatures. Boat ramps closed as snow covered them. The ice is expected to be thick enough for ice fishing shortly after the holidays.

Let us know how you do ... it's too cold for me!
Thanks for the update and we will. It's always a blast!!!

N
Ntofishing
Went up there this morning... the ice is exactly what they state on the website. In 1 and a half hrs I had 1 hook up and 2 bites. I also saw 3 fish landed. They are there my friends if you are brave enough to withstand the popping and cracking . A life preserver is always advised.

Top Bottom