Crappie jigs

Gunga
Gunga
I have been wantingto get out and catch a ton of crappie latley. And now that i have seen the post with that gigantic crappie im more motivated than ever now. But ive only caught a couple crappie in my 18 years of existance so i was wondering if anybody had any tips on what jigs work the best for crappie in what conditions and the like. i have an assortment of 1 inch 2 inch and 3inch grubs that i might use. probably not the 3 inch those are more for bass. but besides grubs and the occasional spinner bait what should i use. Any info would be really aprrciated.

Tyler:)

troutdude
troutdude
You can't go wrong w/ Danielson's Crappie Jigs. They are very inexpensive, and I've used them for 45 years with TONS of success!

Google

Gunga
Gunga
troutdude said:
You can't go wrong w/ Danielson's Crappie Jigs. They are very inexpensive, and I've used them for 45 years with TONS of success!

Google

thanks for the info i will check them out the next time i go to the store.
:)

N
nwkiller
listen to TD, if you look in a past thread of mine about crappie, i was using Danielsons crappie jigs and caught couple dozon. The best spot i know wont be hot for a few months

Gunga
Gunga
Thanks nwkiller. i should be able to get some jigs next week sometime. I dont know what has come over me but i really want to do some major crappie fishing. Hopefully next time i make it out to hagg i could at least try to catch some of them.

M
Markcanby
2" white tube will catch you crappie all day.

Gunga
Gunga
I was using 1 inch and 2 inch Grubs a ton last yea and caught a lot of perch and i mean a lot like 70 a day with my uncle who is also on here (Gungasuncle) Im gunga lol its what he nicknamed me last summer while we were fishing for salmon.I caught my crappie that about 11 to 12 inches with a 2 inch chartruse curly tail grubs. i dont know if i have any white tubes i will have to check. thanks for the info.

Last edited:
K
ketts05
Heard all my life that chartreuse was THE color to catch crappie with. Used to catch a few in Kansas with that color but its been a loooong time. I too will have to try white as well.

S
skunk
Markcanby said:
2" white tube will catch you crappie all day.

That's my fav. for a lot of warmwater fishing. When I get bored, then I use a wooly bugger fished slow. Then when I get bored I just float around and daydream.

troutdude
troutdude
I forgot to mention that White, Pink, combo white/pink, yellow and black Danielson's all work well at different times/different conditions.

P
Panman
I prefer using a fly that resembles a minnow over a jig simply because they are more durable. I like to sink the fly below either a popper or a corkie and fish them very slowly.

Panman