Crappie 4/20

F
Fishpdx
Went out for some crappie yesterday and had a blast, I caught a few carp too for some crab bait. Fished from 5-7:30 and caught about 40 10 inch crappies basically all one size, except for one I lost it was about 17 inches, I pulled it out of the water and it unhooked and jumped right back. I was also shocked to catch white crappie and black crappie in the same area. Along with some bass. They were hitting tubes under bobber or just off the bottom. Ended up having some nice dinner.

image-2016-04-20-23-23-32.jpg

Weather was horrible it started pouring raining and big thunderstorms with lighting, but at least the crappie were biting.

bass
bass
Wow! That is a great day congrats on a nice haul. Did you catch the carp on the tube as well? Were you adding a little piece of worm?

Markk
Markk
Well done!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Looks pretty crappie to me!:thumb:

EOBOY
EOBOY
Good on job on 4/20. Rosemary and I just eat the last of last years Tues. night. Looking forward to some fresh crappie

F
Fishpdx
bass said:
Wow! That is a great day congrats on a nice haul. Did you catch the carp on the tube as well? Were you adding a little piece of worm?

One of the carp got snagged by a #1 mepps spinner I casted for bass, so I figured since there some carp I'll just cast a rod and leave it. After 10 mins bamm rod bends and carp on, I run to the rod and pull out a 20 lb carp and it jumps away while I got a hook stuck in my hand, casted a couple more times and got lucky with 3-4 lb carps.

F
Fishpdx
EOBOY said:
Good on job on 4/20. Rosemary and I just eat the last of last years Tues. night. Looking forward to some fresh crappie

I only eat salmon if its from the freezer. everything else I eat fresh, if I have no time too cook then freeze and crab bait or just salt it and air dry, or smoke.

bass
bass
Carp said:
One of the carp got snagged by a #1 mepps spinner I casted for bass, so I figured since there some carp I'll just cast a rod and leave it. After 10 mins bamm rod bends and carp on, I run to the rod and pull out a 20 lb carp and it jumps away while I got a hook stuck in my hand, casted a couple more times and got lucky with 3-4 lb carps.

Way make a good day of fishing even better!

E
espencer757
May I asked where you were fishing. I went to Fern Ridge today to try and catch crappie, and got skunked.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

E
ehm
Those are some nice slabs. Had my favorite honey holes at fall creek and lookout. But haven't been the same in a few years. It might seem strange to those who don't target crappie, all the excitement we get from them. My body is finally healing up. Going to try out at fern ridge soon. Got a couple tips on a few spots. Going to try some flys I tied up for crappie. My boys been testing them out here at the pone by the house. Bluegill and bass seem to like them.