Crane Prairie campground

N
nimzrock
I am planning a magic carpet trip to the high lakes area of bend for next month. Any suggestions on what campground to try for. There will be 3 of us , so 2-3 tents , 2 rigs and then all the usual stuff. We plan on fishing a different lake each day for 5 days. Troutski I know I will be hearing from you on this one !!!! Yes its finally happening
Thanx to all for your responses & Tight lines - Nimz :cool:

Last edited:
Q
qwapaw
We always stay at Quinn River. It is right on Crane. The fly fhishermen use float tubes in that arm and really catch some nice trout. When we bait fished in that arm we caught chubs. Good luck, We had to get out in the main channel to catch the bigger fish in bait Dan

F
fisherwilly
Quinn River is a good campground like qwapaw mentioned and also the Crane Prairie campground on the other side of the lake. Also there are campgrounds at wickiup and south twin. I only go to the "free" campgrounds, because I am poor. If you drive around the dam at Crane you can find some forest service land you can camp on for up to 14 days. Also Wickiup has the same thing if you keep driving around dam to the rest of the lake. These are unimproved sites, but are free. Also Big Lava could be fun and it has a campground if you want to fish a couple different lakes. Don't forget Davis if you are a fly guy and you want to catch some bass and maybe a trout.

Good Luck,
Fisherwilly

Troutski
Troutski
Little Lava

Little Lava

Little Lava, nice camp ground and plenty of fishing oppertunities....great place to camp as a home base....to many lakes for a week.:cool:

Chuck

S
sherman
I stayed a week last summer at North Twin Lake just up from Wickiup. Nice small lake great for toon or kayaks . the lake is about 65 ft deep & nice trout. The campgrounds is small , primative just vault toilet. Down the road to South twin & Wickiup. I'll be up there sometime this summer.