Crane Prairie 5/24-5/26

T
tomriker
We stayed at Quinn river campground. And it was all but abandoned. Only 2 other people in the entire campground! Friday afternoon I took my friends boat out before he got there. Managed to get one bite.. But tried to set the hook like I was bass fishing! Whoops. Once my buddy got there Friday night we went and collected a bunch of cranebugs to use over the next 2 days. We did alright Saturday Morning landed 6 fish. But only kept one nice bow. Had a few smaller Brookies which I've never caught! They purdy little fish! Then this morning we hooked into 2 nice fish but couldn't get them pulled out of the trees before they wrapped us up! That was the trickiest part trying to pull them out of the dang trees! Here's the bow I kept null-14.jpg
Tasted delicious!
We did a little bass fishing too, but since they were spawning I didn't keep them out of the water Long enough to get a picture. They were in pretty shallow water so I let em do their thing.

Saturday night was beautiful here was the moonrise over the lake
null-13.jpg
Well that's all I got!

C_Run
C_Run
I wanted to say "what's wrong with this picture?" A trout? A nice one, too, bet it was a fun trip.

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice trout man ...any big bass?

E
eugene1
Nice you got out for the salmonids, finally! Next thing you know you'll be going for nooks and steelies.

Best,

J
JimBob
Great job! Weather in the valley must have scared the campers off. Looks like it was heavenly up there.

:( Wish I coulda been up there.

T
tomriker
eugene1 said:
Nice you got out for the salmonids, finally! Next thing you know you'll be going for nooks and steelies.

Best,

You must not know bass very well Eugene.. Bass ARE in the salmonid family.. hence their scientific name... Micropterus salmoides

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
null-14.jpg

You trout will respect my authority!

Good work. How was the wind?

T
tomriker
Wind picked up a little after noon, but it was still manageable. We drove to wickiup and it was blowing like crazy though!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to stick it out, Tom. I don't tolerate the wind too much anymore so kudo's to you.

S
sunsalem
Wikiup always seems to have more wind.

F
FishNinja
tomriker said:
You must not know bass very well Eugene.. Bass ARE in the salmonid family.. hence their scientific name... Micropterus salmoides

Really???? You sure about that? Lol might want to do a little more research.

Bass
Order: perciformes
Family: centrarchidae

Salmon
Order: salmoniformes
Family: salmonidae

Bass are most certainly not a salmonid

S
sunsalem
FishNinja said:
Really???? You sure about that? Lol might want to do a little more research.

Bass
Order: perciformes
Family: centrarchidae

Salmon
Order: salmoniformes
Family: salmonidae

Bass are most certainly not a salmonid
I didn't want to say it, but yeah.;)

T
tomriker
Ok, when they received their scientific name they were miss named. I know they're not salmons. But goober who named them in England still gave them a salmonid name..

F
FishNinja
No they don't have a salmonid name. Salmon are Salmonidaes, largemouth are salmoides. It's very similar but not a salmonid name.

L
lilsalmon
Nice trout!

T
TTFishon
Beautiful fish TR!!! It's nice to see you get out and enjoy one of the finer lakes Oregon has to offer.

S
sunsalem
Went out to CP Friday for a little bit of morning trolling.

Unfortunately, there was almost no wind.
Other than that, the weather was perfect....sunny, not too hot.:cool:
Great day to be on the water, even if I wasn't able to bring a fish up.

Some of the bait guys were getting some success, but from what I could tell it wasn't red hot either.

S
sunsalem
Any CP reports?

Might go out tomorrow.

J
JohnOD
I went out with my girlfriend yesterday (6/16). We ended up with one koke and four bows in four hours fishing. Probally had ~18 bites but with the flat water as sunsalem mentioned it was tough. All of the fish we hooked were on red chironomids.
John