Crane Praire Report

O
OnTheFly
Hello everyone who visited thread: Gold Lake Report bacause this is a continuation of that week.:D Stay tuned for Hosmer and Fall River:dance:

After leaving Gold lake our destination then was Big Lava Lake but the RV hook ups were full. (kinda need that after 3 days of dry camping when there are four of you in which two are teenage girls)So we found a spot at Crane. We lanched our pontoons and began trolling. The lake was in the stages of an algea bloom so the color was off. Only caught two small fish, 1 rainbow and 1 brook trout on a Zug Bug. Reports from the resort store were of people catching fish in the Deschutes channel and doing well on Repala's and bait. No bass reported just trout. Pictures taken at the store of fish were impressive and recent. Again, all trout. Short periods of wind in late afternoon otherwise it was smooth as glass.

Last edited:
Troutski
Troutski
Long haul...

Long haul...

That is quite a haul from the lodge to the Deschutes arm, although that is some prime water this time of year...Good luck at Hosmer:clap:

Chuck

O
OnTheFly
Troutski said:
That is quite a haul from the lodge to the Deschutes arm, although that is some prime water this time of year...Good luck at Hosmer:clap:

Chuck

You're right about that! We didn't make it that far. There are limits to rowing you know? We only made it to, what I would call, the first
row of stumps.

Troutski
Troutski
Stumps...

Stumps...

OnTheFly said:
You're right about that! We didn't make it that far. There are limits to rowing you know? We only made it to, what I would call, the first
row of stumps.

Are you going to spend any time at Little Lava Lake? Very nice water for a toon or tube, actually has some very respectful fish in it...as does Big Lava.
As for the stumps at Crane...that use to be my favorite reply to other anglers when they would ask me where I caught that fish..."out there by those stumps and white tree trunks". Good luck on your run on the high lakes.

Chuck

O
OnTheFly
Troutski said:

Are you going to spend any time at Little Lava Lake? Very nice water for a toon or tube, actually has some very respectful fish in it...as does Big Lava.
As for the stumps at Crane...that use to be my favorite reply to other anglers when they would ask me where I caught that fish..."out there by those stumps and white tree trunks". Good luck on your run on the high lakes.

Chuck

lol. You made me realize what I said! A great line to say on Crane meaning "ahhh...no..I'm not going to tell you where the fish are":D