Crabbing question

S
slingosusie
Hey Fishing Friends,
Now that trout fishing is about over,We're thinking about going crabbing soon.
We don't have a boat,so we need to know if there's any good free crabbing docks at Netarts.We would like to use our lisence 1 more time this year.
We us to go to Garibaldi,so any good info would be great!!
thanks,
Slingosusie

D
diggindan
If you really want to catch crab you need a boat. I'm pretty sure the RV park on Netarts rents boats. We've stayed there but never crabbed the bay.
Good luck, Dan

T
The Nothing
Go to Garibaldi, rent a boat, drop pots across from the Coast Guard Station in Crab Bay (if you see 528,972,332,497 crab bouys, that's the spot!), run across the bay and fish for some salmon/steel, go back after a couple hours and check/rebait. Repeat till crab limit is caught

S
slingosusie
Netarts Crabbing Questions

Netarts Crabbing Questions

Thank's for the boating answer's about crabbing,But we can't afford it.
That's why we need to know of any public crabbing docks at Netart's,
where we could drop our ring's & hope for a few.
Anybody else know of any ?????????????
Any info. really would be great.If not there,than I guess we'll go back
to the big fun town of Garibaldi.
thanks
Slingosusie

D
diggindan
Shore crabbing

Shore crabbing

I saw some guys throwing traps from shore last weekend at the Alsea. I bet if you tossed one in Netarts at low tide and let it soak till the next low you may have some luck. Rings don't work from shore at all. I'd try the inner bay, less current to deal with.
Netarts is a special place. I proposed to my second wife there 3 years ago last week.
Good luck, Dan

S
SNDSLGR
Halibuthitman made a post awhile back about a good dock in Newport... near a hotel I think. Search for it, sounded like a great place to pier crab.

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
Crab from a boat at Netarts

Crab from a boat at Netarts

slingosusie said:
Hey Fishing Friends,
Now that trout fishing is about over,We're thinking about going crabbing soon.
We don't have a boat,so we need to know if there's any good free crabbing docks at Netarts.We would like to use our lisence 1 more time this year.
We us to go to Garibaldi,so any good info would be great!!
thanks,
Slingosusie

You can rent a boat from the Big Spruce RV Park at the top of the hill from the boat put in. They also have a cleaning station there also. I have crabbed on the side of the spit as you are going out to the mouth. Netarts is really known for the clam digging but you will get some crab if you hit it an hour before High tide to and hour after high tide. I took my sister out there after clamming and her grandson used a limber fishing pole with the tiny bait boxes with loops on it. This kid had a ball and he still talks about that time. Good Luck........Fish-On Fred