Crabbing in Newport/ Waldport ?

B
BobberDawg
Anyone done any crabbing at ether Newport or Walport ? a d how did u do ?

S
Steelheader4Life
The crabbing has been really bad so far this year but I heard it was getting better last weekend. The charter's out of Newport quit dropping pots off because they weren't getting enough keepers to make it worth their time.

Q
qwhacker
any new reports

any new reports

Steelheader4Life said:
The crabbing has been really bad so far this year but I heard it was getting better last weekend. The charter's out of Newport quit dropping pots off because they weren't getting enough keepers to make it worth their time.

does anyone have any up to date reports on crabbing the Newport/Florence jetties/piers?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
qwhacker said:
does anyone have any up to date reports on crabbing the Newport/Florence jetties/piers?

Florence boats did great last week, bit slower just now due to the really strong tides....once the tides soften later this week I expect the South Jetty Crabbing dock will be kicking out plenty of keepers...

T
troutmasta
Seaside crabbing was awesome two weekends ago. Chicken on a 20 min soak with rings.

Q
qwhacker
Newport/Florance crabbing

Newport/Florance crabbing

troutmasta said:
Seaside crabbing was awesome two weekends ago. Chicken on a 20 min soak with rings.

Thanks for the update guys. Will be in Newport Tuesday through Sunday, then Florance for a couple days. Hoping to give both places a soak,will report when I get back home

D
DrTheopolis
My buddy went in a bay farther north from there last week(I think it was last week -- I met him at the ramp later). He did great. Crabbing is picking up quite quickly, as it often does this time of year.

M
mustardthetrout
I was clamming a few days ago in Tillamook Bay and saw that the minus tide uncovered several keeper size crabs. I didn't keep any, but I bet that area would be productive about now.

Q
qwhacker
They are catching em in both places. We crabbed the piers at Newport little ones, Florance at south jetty rock pier, three good keepers and lots of little ones. About 3 hrs. Some guys a little better some worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk