Crabbing in Florence (Siuslaw River)

C
Corygoose
I'm going to be going over to Florence in a couple weeks. Don't have a boat so I was either going to grab from the docks down by the bayfront or the South jetty dock. I've heard from other people that crabbing hasn't been so good. Just wondering if it should improve? Or if anyone has gone recently?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Really poor crabbing year on the Siuslaw, and we have had plenty of rain this September, so if you are going to try, go to the south jetty crabbing dock but don't get your hopes up.

C
Corygoose
Have any recommendations where maybe I should go instead? Keep in mind I need a dock or something

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Dock in Waldport was just small crab last I heard, I would say Winchester crabbing dock is the best spot to try but not because of any good reports, just due to it being closer to the bar. ?

G
Gulfstream
Winchester bay,Coos Bay or Bandon have docks you can crab from

C
Corygoose
I think I might try Winchester just cuz it's closest to Florence. There's a Newport pier but that's always so crowded.

troutdude
troutdude
rogerdodger said:
Dock in Waldport was just small crab last I heard, I would say Winchester crabbing dock is the best spot to try but not because of any good reports, just due to it being closer to the bar. ?

Which "bar" @rogerdodger? LOL

? ? ?