Crabbing anyone?

Bob Budesa

Thinking of heading to Charleston on Tues to fish slack on Wed/Thurs.

Storm coming in, but inside breakwater should be OK, right?

Anyone picking up good crabs (meat, numbers).

rogerdodger

Most Featured
my view, Tuesday is a "OK, sure", Wednesday is a "in heavy rain, no thanks", and Thursday is a "surf some rollers in the bay? maybe...".

I am looking forward to the first good crabbing report, in a long time, here on the central coast. It has been a weak year that is due to turn around soon.

Last edited:

Bob Budesa

NOAA hourly for lower CoosBay, Wed and Thur, no thanks...

Thanks for that report. I just got a report from a friend who said he just finished pulling limits of 7"ers, which had me anxious, but fighting 30 mph winds pulling pots isn't much fun. Rain is no big deal, but that bloody wind! Like you, I'll wait for another day.

Thanks again.

Gulfstream

Most Featured
I was down there Saturday and talked to a guy that had 8 traps and got 6 crabs.The guy I fished with went last weekend and got 12 in 3 hours with 6 pots. Sucks.DO NOT GO Thursday ,the swell is going to be 16-18 ft and the bay around Charleston will be nasty!

Bob Budesa

I was down there Saturday and talked to a guy that had 8 traps and got 6 crabs.The guy I fished with went last weekend and got 12 in 3 hours with 6 pots. Sucks.DO NOT GO Thursday ,the swell is going to be 16-18 ft and the bay around Charleston will be nasty!
Yeah, I begged off. Will wait for better conditions, and probably fuller crabs.

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom