Crab and crawdad fishing

S
Slingin Iron
Hello everyone,

I have been living in Lincoln City oregon now for almost a year. I love eveything about the coast. My greatest addiction is all of the shell fishing avaiable. I am trying to find new spots to go crab fishing and crawdad fishing close to Lincoln City. Anyone have any suggestions?

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Hm crawdads - you've got the Siletz right there south of town - there should be dads in there.

As for crabbing - how far are you willing to travel?

Reactions: OnTheFly
S
Slingin Iron
Well I dont mind a little drive. I have been going down to newport on the public fishing pier. It is not a bad spot for fishing but here recently I have been striking out or catching crabs way too small to keep. Like I said before new to the area and just want to learn all I can. I haven't tried fishing north of Lincoln city yet is there any places up the coast between say here L.C. and pacific city where you don't need a boat to crab fish?

N
n8r1
Slingin Iron said:
Hello everyone,

I have been living in Lincoln City oregon now for almost a year. I love eveything about the coast. My greatest addiction is all of the shell fishing avaiable. I am trying to find new spots to go crab fishing and crawdad fishing close to Lincoln City. Anyone have any suggestions?

The Siletz Bay has excellent Crabbing, as does Newport Bay. In Newport you can catch red rock crabs as well as dungeness.

S
Slingin Iron
Yeah those are both good spots. I have been fishing them a lot, I am just trying to find more spots to go.

C
c.man
lots of great spots in south tillamook county ( pacific city area ) i havent been up there in years , but we used to get crabs and flounder out in sandlake .. im guessing all of the rivers up there have crawdads still .. 3 rivers , little and big nestucca ..

not sure what the flounder are like up there anymore , but they used to be plentiful and tasty !

also there is a creek right before you get to neskowin .. im betting thats full of crawdads !

let me know what you find !

hebo lake is full of crawdads .. but im not sure you want to eat them ? ive also seen catfish and some pretty big trout ..

R
RunWithSasquatch
I know you were asking about crabs and crawdads, but the Purple Varnish clams in LC are awesome! Good eats, and tons of them.

O
Oregonite
How is the crabbing at Waldport? The tides look good for May 26th and 27th

B
bigdaddycain234
when i was younger we used to go to nehalem for crabing a lot of the time you go there and that is were they have been shedding there shells we would just throw our pots over the dock and left them for a couple hours and came back