Coyotes? Long range?

New to the area, is their any coyote or small varmint (Sage rats) hunting near Tillamok? Or any recommendations on a place I could go test out some rifle reloads, 500 yards +.

troutdude

Just go kill some cheese, and ice cream, at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Or wait until Fall, and pick some "shrooms". However I'd recommend shooting; PRIOR to consumption of those particular edibles.

But seriously...I'm only a fisherman. So I'll step aside, and let the hunter's answer that. Good luck.

TheKnigit

Coyotes are relatively plentiful throughout Oregon, but there isn't much hunting for them that I know of west of the Cascades. I would try talking to any local ranchers you might know. If there are coyotes close by their livestock will be the first to know about it.

C_Run

Sage rats would be east of the Cascades. My son and friend got a few dozen near Prineville last weekend. They had permission on a ranch.

SiletzTroutKiller

Coyotes can be hard to hunt here on the west side because the timber is thick and makes spotting them hard to see unless you catch one in a field or a clearcut....or on a road. I've lived on the Oregon coast nearly my whole life and I've seen maybe 4 or 5 coyotes on this side. Try calling during the winter time that's how they do it on YouTube lol

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom