Counts are going up again at W. Falls

B
bigfootfish
The Coho are moving up again. The count almost doubled to 340 on the 17th. On the 16th it was 186. Lots of rain coming, maybe......

BFF

S
solution7
bigfootfish said:
The Coho are moving up again. The count almost doubled to 340 on the 17th. On the 16th it was 186. Lots of rain coming, maybe......

BFF

Where do you find those counts?

R
rainman
M
masmith
I saw a couple jump at the Locks on the Yamhill.

S
solution7
rainman said:
ODFW Willamette Falls Fish Passage Fish Counts

I saw that. Gives me hope that I might finally get some coho blood in my boat. If only I can find a cure for that damn lockjaw they seem to have every I go out. lol

Thank You. Wow those numbers are great to see. Looks like we will see them here locally soon

W
wormosa
gonna giver my best shot this week-end on the willamette/yamhill.... i will let you guys know...:pray:

M
masmith
i saw a bunch jumping under the bridge in Lafayette. Lot of folks fishing them, no one catching. Snag city here. I think people are reeling their lures to quickly to avoid snags- my guess.

kirkster
kirkster
masmith said:
i saw a bunch jumping under the bridge in Lafayette. Lot of folks fishing them, no one catching. Snag city here. I think people are reeling their lures to quickly to avoid snags- my guess.

Try the cast and retrieve wiggle wart method. There bouyent and will avoid snags a lot more than spinners. Not a sure fire method but it has worked for me on occasion. Also you can't go wrong with bobber and eggs.
Might want to check out the thread by osmosis on those new rattle jigs from steelhead stalkers.
Good luck masmith

W
wormosa
willamette/yamhill

willamette/yamhill

a ton of fish there but no biters, i did see two fish get caught, out of 20 boats, fish rolling and jumping but like i said no biters, i tried everything in my arsenal

B
bigfootfish
they're coming to take me away ha ha ha...ha ha

they're coming to take me away ha ha ha...ha ha

I am in total agreement thses Cokes are not diet and they are finnnnnnnicky!! Having them almost jump into your boat but can't get 'em to bite is enough to make for a.............frustrating day.

BFF

BIG BAIT BIG FISH?

M
Mike123
Get away from the crowds. Park the boat.. Turn off the motor that is spooking them. Throw spinners and bobber and bait. Said it before.. you dont need to troll just because your in a boat.

M
masmith
wormosa said:
a ton of fish there but no biters, i did see two fish get caught, out of 20 boats, fish rolling and jumping but like i said no biters, i tried everything in my arsenal

I think there was something with the water or barometric pressure or something today. It was insane at the Nestucca. Fished 3 rivers and tidewater. Tons of fish rolling, tons of people fishing, didn't see one banked all day. I always have seen something caught. Unbelievable.

W
wormosa
masmith said:
I think there was something with the water or barometric pressure or something today. It was insane at the Nestucca. Fished 3 rivers and tidewater. Tons of fish rolling, tons of people fishing, didn't see one banked all day. I always have seen something caught. Unbelievable.
damn that is too bad bro

S
solution7
Got some on Order

Got some on Order

kirkster said:
Try the cast and retrieve wiggle wart method. There bouyent and will avoid snags a lot more than spinners. Not a sure fire method but it has worked for me on occasion. Also you can't go wrong with bobber and eggs.
Might want to check out the thread by osmosis on those new rattle jigs from steelhead stalkers.
Good luck masmith

I have some of those Jigs on order now.

M
McMudpuddle
open seat

open seat

May give it a try Tuesday, 27th in AM. Rodgers landing area. Send me a PM if you are interested.