Couldn't get a fish so I got a boat!!!

S
skunk
Well I broke down and picked up my first boat. 1979 Glastron tri-hull. It's in excellent condition. 85 hp motor that the last owner said threw a rod. I pulled the head and found pitting on the head and piston. Cylinder is still shiney, and all the pistons move with the flywheel. I'm gonna do some machiney work on the piston head, throw it back together and give her a test fire. Crossing my fingers its ok and I just scored big!!! I'll get some pics on the boat on later.

T
Thuggin4Life
Good deal bud! Once I got a boat it changed everything for me.

Troutski
Troutski
Magic Carpet...

Magic Carpet...

Ah yes weedhopper a magic carpet. A whole new world awaits you....enjoy and be safe on the water.

Chuck

G
GDBrown
Magic Carpet?

Magic Carpet?

Troutski said:
Ah yes weedhopper a magic carpet. A whole new world awaits you....enjoy and be safe on the water.

Chuck

definition of a boat: A hole in the water into which you pour MONEY!

Trust me, I know........

S
skunk
I've heard that plenty, and the day after I picked it up I discovered it. O well, I always learn by trial and usually enjoy the lessons.

F
FishFinger
Congrats on the newest member of you family. I also have a vintage Tri-Hull and love her to death. Having the age it does take a bit of time and do some hull inspection. In fact just to be safe side I recommend applying a few layers of fiber glass along the keel, for the just because factor.

How is the decking? If you notice any soft or punky wood, I'd suggest pulling the floor up and replacing it. Surprisingly, it's not that difficult to do and will give you a chance to view the condition of the keel wood below.

You'll come to love your tri-hull, it's a great fishing platform.

Again congrats.