Could I go with someone

S
Shadelady
if anyone is going to be fishing for either steelheads or salmons in the Siletz or the Salmon or even the Nestucca would it be possible for me to go with. I'd really like to learn how to do it. i have been reading posts and tried several things and i can't quite seem to get it. thanks.

N
ninja2010
dang... 64 views and no replies...

well, i'll gladly offer my limited knowledge, but i'm in the pdx area and i mostly fish the clack and sandy. i don't think i've "got it" either coz i've yet to hook up on a big one... but i have been fishing for while.

if you're up north sometime, let me know.

S
Shadelady
i appreciate the offer for sure. i was wondering with all the views and no replies if i have something wrong / off color.

i dont go to Pdxc much- i liie shopping as much as i like fishing and theres way more shopping in Portland!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Shadelady said:
i appreciate the offer for sure. i was wondering with all the views and no replies if i have something wrong / off color.

i dont go to Pdxc much- i liie shopping as much as i like fishing and theres way more shopping in Portland!

I think it's just a matter of location. I don't think many of us fish that area on a regular basis. I live up in Sandy and do most of my fishing on that river. You mentioned the Nestucca, that reminds me of Cape Kaiwanda and all of those Dory boat. They sure are something to watch. Hope there is someone down there that can get you going.

F
Fishtopher
:confused:Ok so I veiwed, but I didn't have anything to say:think:....but I felt guilty and had to post something.;)

Good luck. And the fishing is better than the shopping here.:D

O
osmosis
Next time I hit those coastal streams I'll send you a PM!

F
FishFinger
Fishtopher said:
:confused:Ok so I veiwed, but I didn't have anything to say:think:....but I felt guilty and had to post something.;)

Good luck. And the fishing is better than the shopping here.:D

Ditto

P
plunkme
i hope you find someone to take you i was in the same boat and was wondering if anyone is going next weekend to the clackamas river AA has showed me a little but i would like to learn some more specially when i get a new rod and reel soon :D

S
Shadelady
i really appreciate the replies guys. i am still new here, but love it. everyone seem super friendly. some of the post i read it seems like lots of people have met up or have some history together. i hope to become a part of it. if i am not posting i am for sure reading. if my posts dont always make a lot of sense its just that i get so excited- either about learning something new or catching or getting out and trying again.
truly a great place to hang out.

B
beaverfan
I fish the Wilson a lot. I don't know much other than some really sweet holes. I grew up trout fishing the Wilson and just this last fall started targeting the larger fish. Still no steelhead but I did catch a few nice Coho's

K
Kodiak
Nestucca

Nestucca

I'll be hitting the nestucca/three rivers area for springers and summers soon. I'll send PM as soon as I do.

G
GrillMaster
Like the rest

Like the rest

Like the rest of the members I read your post but I don't get to your neck of the woods very often, then it is a get away with the wife and she doesn't allow any rods in the car. If your ever in my area shoot me a PM and I would be happy to take you to a few places here. Give it a chance, who knows maybe some one will read your post and live near you. Good luck

GM

S
Shadelady
i really appreciate all the feedback and i look forward to going fishing with you guys when ever we are able to. if i can get my chores done beofre the weather turns nasty i am going to go hit the lake for a little while. i ma right by Devils lake, so thats where i go a lot.