Cougar this weekend

G
GrillMaster
Has anyone been up to Cougar Res. lately? I am planning a trip this weekend and was just wondering how the fishing was. I will be camping at Slide Creek camp ground, any information would be greatly appreciated.

GM

Troutski
Troutski
Sunday morning...

Sunday morning...

I will be up there this Sunday around day break at Slide Creek; I will be fishing the back of the res. Look for a SmokerCraft and give me a yell, I will be more than happy to lend a hand on the ins and outs of this lake. Don't forget the Hot Springs after a full day of being on the water, very nice indeed.

Chuck

G
GrillMaster
Stickers

Stickers

Maybe I can pick up a sticker or two when I see you, along with some of your secret spots. It is mainly a camping trip but we will probably do some fishing. Look forward to finely meeting up with the master of Cougar.

GM

Troutski
Troutski
Master of Cougar...

Master of Cougar...

Well thanks for the vote as Master of Cougar but I must disagree, I really do like this lake but believe me it has kicked my fanny on more than one trip. If we meet up and we should; I have the stickers in my boat for you and will give you a map I have with all my "Secret" spots listed on it. Enjoy the lake and all it has to offer, amazing place.

Chuck

T
Thuggin4Life
had i know this before i went up i would have looked for you. i launced at slide at 545 ish and left at noon. was in the white jeep with the white trailer and OFF sticker in the back window. hope you are getting as much luck up there as i had. and where do you get one of those secret spot maps?

W
womanwhofishes
We was at Cougar today as well.
We ran in to Troutski as he was leaving.. said he left fish in the res..and told us where we could go...lol
We checked that spot out, to low, we ended up at a another boat ramp that was closer to the inlet to the river. BUT AS ALWAYS ..WE SUCKED!!
We did saw a couple of whales jumping and I mean huge HUGE fish!!\but not for our set up..
I may well sell all my tackle and poles soon.
wwf

Troutski
Troutski
Don't give up...

Don't give up...

womanwhofishes said:
We was at Cougar today as well.
We ran in to Troutski as he was leaving.. said he left fish in the res..and told us where we could go...lol
We checked that spot out, to low, we ended up at a another boat ramp that was closer to the inlet to the river. BUT AS ALWAYS ..WE SUCKED!!
We did saw a couple of whales jumping and I mean huge HUGE fish!!\but not for our set up..
I may well sell all my tackle and poles soon.
wwf

Don't give up, there is plenty of great bank angling to be had in our area, within one hour of Springfield. If you like I can take you on a trek through our area and put you into premium fish...it is just a matter of knowing where to be and what time to be there... The early bird catches the worm only if the angler slept in because they all ready had their worms. Now there will be some walking to attain this but if your willing I am willing to show you where the fish like to party;). One that comes to mind is Elisha Bristow Park off HWY 58 before you get to Dexter lake. There is great water to be had, and the walk is very easy; it is just knowing where to start the walk. Let me know and we can set something up, we can even bring the Hubby along - I just love hearing him speak, great accent. Talk to you later.

Chuck

W
womanwhofishes
ya I agree..

ya I agree..

We did get up there kinda of LATE in the day. I mean seriously late, because You was leaving Chuck :think: .
(when Chuck leaves ,its time to go..not arrive)

Our schedule is the same as yours, and as for listening to scottishsmokedsalmon , with me along that will be hard , I like to talk!
Quietly, not to scare the fish.
( sorry i don't have a accent like my hubby.:D)
Let us know.
wwf