Cougar rainbow...

Troutski
Troutski
This is an old shoot but still worth a post... My favorite res on the west side... Slide creek Rainbow.

Chuck

Cougar Rainbow.jpg

jamisonace
jamisonace
How long does it take to get to Cougar from Oakridge? I've always been curious but I've never made the drive.

I hear there is some great Stillwater fishing on the top between 126 and 58.

Troutski
Troutski
High lakes hwy...

High lakes hwy...

jamisonace said:
How long does it take to get to Cougar from Oakridge? I've always been curious but I've never made the drive.

I hear there is some great Stillwater fishing on the top between 126 and 58.

Once the road is free and clear of snow it takes about an hour or a bit longer... hard to just drive the distance, so many places to stop and wet a line... Wonderful drive in the Fall, the color is breath taking...

Chuck

jamisonace
jamisonace
Thanks! I'll give it drive this summer. I love fishing dry flies in that area.

Troutski said:
Once the road is free and clear of snow it takes about an hour or a bit longer... hard to just drive the distance, so many places to stop and wet a line... Wonderful drive in the Fall, the color is breath taking...

Chuck

troutdude
troutdude
Is that a Fenwick rod, in the holster?

Troutski
Troutski
troutdude said:
Is that a Fenwick rod, in the holster?

Good eye, yes it is....

Chuck

troutdude
troutdude
Proof, once again, that I can spot my favorite production rods from a mile away. Love my Fenny's. Old school fiberglass, is the way to go!

hobster
hobster
That is a great photo, i love the way the rainbow is in front of the trees. Are you guys talking about the Aufderheide road that connects 126 and 58? That is a stunning ride, we have done it a couple of times and camped out. There are some amazing campgrounds and great fishing spots along there on the north fork Willy. A must see!

Troutski
Troutski
Great drive...

Great drive...

hobster said:
That is a great photo, i love the way the rainbow is in front of the trees. Are you guys talking about the Aufderheide road that connects 126 and 58? That is a stunning ride, we have done it a couple of times and camped out. There are some amazing campgrounds and great fishing spots along there on the north fork Willy. A must see!

Yes we are, so many places to wet a line..that is an amazing drive most anytime of the year... Never done the Winter...

Chuck