Cougar killed near Philomath

S

steelhead1

I just finished remodeling that guys house!Been up there the last three months and never saw a cat.

troutdude

troutdude

Sounds like you got out of there just in time.

I'm glad the owner shot the sucker, before he/she got any livestock or a child!

F

fishnquest

There's a whole bunch more down here he can have. Do here what was described in that article and you get to go to jail.

M

Markcanby

All I can say is give me a break:rolleyes::rolleyes:!! You have 100X more predation from coyotes an if you look into it there are also 10X as many coyote attacks on people now days! Coyotes don't bring out that primal fear so they dont get the publicity. You can call me a tree hugging cougar lover if you like but I think everyone needs to grow a pair an let the cougars be. :mad: But before you do maybe take a look at my avatar.

Oooo!! 5700 in the whole state 100 bucks says there are more Yotes in a single county.
PS I hate Yotes.:lol::lol::lol:

troutdude

troutdude

All I can say is give me a break:rolleyes::rolleyes:!! You have 100X more predation from coyotes an if you look into it there are also 10X as many coyote attacks on people now days! Coyotes don't bring out that primal fear so they dont get the publicity. You can call me a tree hugging cougar lover if you like but I think everyone needs to grow a pair an let the cougars be. :mad: But before you do maybe take a look at my avatar.

Oooo!! 5700 in the whole state 100 bucks says there are more Yotes in a single county.

Whoa man. Take it easy. You would LOVE my day, it you hate yotes.

I was once out hunting w/ him many moons ago...and I was glassin' a ravine. The bottom of the draw was about 200 yards downs. I spotted a yote running from left to right...through the seam at the bottom. All of a sudden..............

BOOM! My dad fired a shot next to me. His shot was about 2' feet behing the mark; and I watched the yotes tail fly up in the air! I was laughing so hard, I think that my sides still ache!!!

C

capblack

ill take a coyote attack over a cougar attack any day of the year, im not sure what there population compared to the cougars has to do with anything, or what you mean by growing a pair?? i do know this, i have seen and lived in cougar country for my whole life, and i can guarantee you this, if they get close to my property where my kids play, theyre dead. i dont blame any one for taking them near there property. i have watched both cougars and bears in the wild near my place, and there is nothing scarier than a cougar. they are near the top of the food chain, and they act like it. if you want them hunting where your kids play, then so be it, but dont blame a guy or tell them to grow a pair for not wanting them around. parents will protect there young just like any other animal will. Brian

troutdude

troutdude

Good points for sure. Most peeps can survive a coyote attack. But, very FEW peeps ever escape a cougar attack alive.

BTW, Mark...I did not intentionally set out to offend you. Sheesh. Take it easy man.

All I said was that I was glad, that he shot the cougar. I'm sorry if that is offensive. But it's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

I also hope that you liked my story, about my dad shooting the coyote's tail OFF. It really happened, and it was very funny!

V

viento

The green religion has voted their conscience, the Cougar may freely eat the children of humans, the Sacramento Smelt can be protected while the withholding of irrigation water devastates the worlds best agricultural locations, and dweeb Clackamas county commissioners now control which
trees you can cut on your own land. Don´t assume fishing is not an evil soon to be dealt with by the green ministry. They voted to cripple cougar hunting, and now its our families who are being hunted. A cougar in Molalla was sitting on a woodpile as a teenager was splitting firewood.
The kid made it back to his truck, but what if he had been dropped off for awhile by his parents? Lunch and dinner? Consider carefully this November, the kind of people you vote for.
Cheers

M

Markcanby

:mad:
The green religion has voted their conscience, the Cougar may freely eat the children of humans, the Sacramento Smelt can be protected while the withholding of irrigation water devastates the worlds best agricultural locations, and dweeb Clackamas county commissioners now control which
trees you can cut on your own land. Don´t assume fishing is not an evil soon to be dealt with by the green ministry. They voted to cripple cougar hunting, and now its our families who are being hunted. A cougar in Molalla was sitting on a woodpile as a teenager was splitting firewood.
The kid made it back to his truck, but what if he had been dropped off for awhile by his parents? Lunch and dinner? Consider carefully this November, the kind of people you vote for.
Cheers

My point exactly:rolleyes:!! Give me a break!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
An the 3 wolfs in Oregon are killing hundreds of livestock an only a matter of time tell they kill humans.:rolleyes:

I have a idea lets kill OFF all predator animals on the whole planet.

C

capblack

:mad:

My point exactly:rolleyes:!! Give me a break!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
An the 3 wolfs in Oregon are killing hundreds of livestock an only a matter of time tell they kill humans.:rolleyes:

I have a idea lets kill OFF all predator animals on the whole planet.

mark, this thread was started about cougars, your first post was something about coyotes, and your last is about wolves? why dont you stick to the subject? know body wants to kill of all the predators, but if there is no effective form of population control, they may just kill off the deer. would that be better?

M

Modest_Man

Cougars are pretty deadly! They average almost one death a year (.8) in the USA and Canada cobined. Hide yo' children! Compare that with automotives (42,xxx), bees (53), and pet dogs (31) (in the US only in 2003).

Mountain Lion Attacks On People in the U.S. and Canada
List of fatal cougar attacks in North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Human deaths in the U.S. caused by Animals

The cat in the story was young and malnurished from looking at the photo, which would explain it's abberent behavior.

Crazy extremists (on either side) crack me up.

T

the_intimidator03

as far as the comment on yotes... figuring if we have say 5700 cougars in the state and even an average of 1000 yotes per county (just example) you would figure with the higher population density of yotes creating more human to yote contacts. Figure in that the cougar is quite stealthy. I am for population control and shooting when posing a danger.

V

viento

Its not aberrant behaviour, just because its in a barnyard. Its what they do. Cougars hunt and kill, and hungry ones
are more dangerous. They have a range, and need space, and when hunting is foolishly restricted, breeding
is much more successful, young cats move out of parental territory, and the range owned by other cougars,
and now they are in our backyard, both literally and figuratively. Its just a matter of time until someone gets killed

Click the wolf link above, watch the movies,
read of the deadly diseases they are bringing, how the diseases are spread, and how conveniently the data was
left out of énvironmental impact studies' prior to their importation/migration from Idaho.

(actually, Iḿ a very cheery guy, don´t let this grim reaper topic fool you. Its good to discuss the important facts
man to man, in a friendly forum, and let the truth come to light)
Cheers

M

Markcanby

You guys are not fallowing me. I am not against hunting cougar. Not even with dogs its teh fact that they get so much bad publicity. I mean you obisly didn't look at my avatar I am probly one of a very few people on the forum that has looked a Cat in the eyes at less than 20yds an yes I killed it. But when people start talking about overpopulation an attacks it just sounds like a joke to mean. There is far more danger from the family pet by the looks of MM's data above.

R

rayc308

you say 5700 in the whole state .they kill one deer a week you do the math .its know wonder deer populationis down