Cougar fishing

T
travis_lightner
Well we made it to cougar, group camp at slide creek 5 days. Great camping and fun on the tubes and water, But I only caught one fish 8 inch rainbow on a worm trolling.:( But the lake is very nice and full of water there are a lot of trees and logs in the water so i had to be very carfull not to hit anything cruising around. real quiet, except are group of people, the camp host was great never gave us a problem. I love this lake and the surroundings i will plan another trip late july.:cool: Thanks to all the advice that people had giving. I used the map from chuck and all sorts of lures, trolling methods, and patience but i never got on the lake early enough and played to late so my bad oh well better luck next time.

T
Thuggin4Life
I always have my best luck in the early morning or in the evening or on a cloudy day. sorry you didn't get much that lake is hit and miss when it comes to my fishing methods. Nice place but not sure i would camp when i can make a day trip out of it. there was lots of debris in the water last time i was up i thought it was from the heavy rains but guess its there to stay until the water drops. thanks for the heads up.

R
Rusty Stern
I love fishing for Cougars....

Reactions: lilsalmon
T
travis_lightner
well i will be going back out there for some more fishing and fun at the end of july.

K
kick_bass
Its been years since i been there, dont remember too many fish but i do remember always gettin ticks. Dont forget the deet!

L
lilsalmon
Troutski
Troutski
travis_lightner said:
Well we made it to cougar, group camp at slide creek 5 days. Great camping and fun on the tubes and water, But I only caught one fish 8 inch rainbow on a worm trolling.:( But the lake is very nice and full of water there are a lot of trees and logs in the water so i had to be very carfull not to hit anything cruising around. real quiet, except are group of people, the camp host was great never gave us a problem. I love this lake and the surroundings i will plan another trip late july.:cool: Thanks to all the advice that people had giving. I used the map from chuck and all sorts of lures, trolling methods, and patience but i never got on the lake early enough and played to late so my bad oh well better luck next time.

I guess I should have given you the other map;) , this lake is quite difficult to fish for sure. It is a early morning and late evening fishery, you mean the Gold Spoon didn't produce...well send it back and get a new one....it must be defective:)
Next time try targeting the Chinook Salmon, very productive in that lake...deeper and much faster trolling for these fish; they are very aggressive feeders.
Send me your e-mail address again in a PM and I can hook you up with the right gear.
Tight lines...

Chuck

P7160005.jpg .

B
BobbiDollPDX
Rusty Stern said:
I love fishing for Cougars....

Make sure you are using the right bait. <rawr>

G
GDBrown
BobbiDollPDX said:

Catnip I presume! :lol:

Troutski
Troutski
BobbiDollPDX said:

A single twenty five year old male on a warm beach wearing only a small fishing vest should do the trick..

Chuck