Corvallis area fishing.

T
the_intimidator03
Well since I start school on Monday at OSU, I would like to get an idea of where to go do some fishing around here. I looked and there is Avery Park and the BMX track where Mary's river dumps into the Willy. So I am curious as to what to expect out there fish wise. Also keep in mind im on a bike so any other suggestions to fishing locations near OSU campus would be appreciated... I am game for anything from warmwater game fish to cold water species... including sturgeon if I can cast far enough :-D.

C
colbypearson
the_intimidator03 said:
Well since I start school on Monday at OSU, I would like to get an idea of where to go do some fishing around here. I looked and there is Avery Park and the BMX track where Mary's river dumps into the Willy. So I am curious as to what to expect out there fish wise. Also keep in mind im on a bike so any other suggestions to fishing locations near OSU campus would be appreciated... I am game for anything from warmwater game fish to cold water species... including sturgeon if I can cast far enough :-D.

i have caught nice smallies where the maries goes into the Willamette, its funny i am recommending that spot now because that was one of my very first posts ever on OFF! asking where to fish in corvallis and thats where was recommended i went there and stuck a few nice 1.5-3lbrs and broke off something big probubly a big pikeminnow or something.

T
the_intimidator03
ty Colby... i sure do miss nice smallies. maybe Ill go tomorrow at some point and toss some spinners or soft plastics.

B
bassboy
If you're interested in bass fishing at all the bass team is having a meeting next week at some point.

T
the_intimidator03
did not know they had one to be honest with you. I will have to do some checking about that. thank you

M
Modest_Man
I just found out OSU offers two different fly fishing courses and a course on steelhead fishing! I'm planning on taking the fly class if I can fit it in next quarter.

T
the_intimidator03
well modest man... you better register for it as soon as you can... i was looking at it and it looked pretty full when i was setting up for my courses.

M
Modest_Man
I have like 180 credits, I'm pretty much the first one to register. If it fits in my schedule I'm doing it.