Cops on the water?

G
GDBrown
Anatoliy said:

As a member.

If you post on a public forum that you have suspended boaters privileges but you drive your boat anyway, you DO have to worry about being boarded.

As the administrator.
The OFF was created for anglers who care & share. Your post screams "... and I don't care". It doesn't belong here. It belongs to... i don't know... Outlaw Fishing Forum? :lol: I can't tell you what to do with your life, you are a grown man, you can make your own decisions. But I can tell you what you can't do on the OFF. You can't post here about your plans to do something that violates the law, and you can't ask for advice on how to do it in the most efficient way. ;)

I second the motion! Keep it legal or don't go. It gives all of us a bad name when you do get boarded.
Sorry Andy, I have to agree with Anatoliy you are asking for trouble by posting your intent!

GD

T
Thuggin4Life
By the way we seen several coast guard boats on the water even one that passed right by us. seen the sherrif's out and passed them head on and later the passed us in close proximity. Can't say who was driving the boat though.....

F
Fishtopher
Thuggin4Life said:
By the way we seen several coast guard boats on the water even one that passed right by us. seen the sherrif's out and passed them head on and later the passed us in close proximity. Can't say who was driving the boat though.....

I can. With the pics u posted earlier its quite obvious who is in the driver seat.

:)

F
fishkiller
Why even take a chance? Seems like you like the cat and mouse game with law enforcement. Man it's really not worth it.
What would it take to get you legal?

T
Thuggin4Life
For the date to be june 3rd or later. even in a rutine stop I have everything to be legal. so the only way the would know is if they ran my name in the system.

F
fishkiller
Are you on a 1 year suspension beause of DUI? If so, if you are caught it is a FELONY driving while suspended!! Your a good dude and I'd hate to you get pinched.

T
TTFishon
fishkiller said:
Are you on a 1 year suspension beause of DUI? If so, if you are caught it is a FELONY driving while suspended!! Your a good dude and I'd hate to you get pinched.

Did the laws change or did I just get lucky. For ten years after my duii I played the cat and mouse game and got caught driving while suspended at least 5 times. All I had to do was pay my fines and I now have a clean record to date. No felonies on my card. My last set of tickets were about 9 years ago so I've obviously changed my ways but there was a time when I didn't care.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah they are strict about a driving while suspended if its a duii. my buddy got one and instead of the normal ticket amount i am used to it was through the roof. I have my drivers liscense again. I can't drive a boat or any boat I own can't be driven for a year because of a BUII.

T
TTFishon
I guess I got lucky then.

X
xltom
fishkiller said:
Why even take a chance? Seems like you like the cat and mouse game with law enforcement. Man it's really not worth it.
What would it take to get you legal?

I don't think it's about the cat and mouse game......I think they'd have to chop off Thuggin's arms and legs to keep him from fishing. Even then he'd probably learn to cast with his teeth...I've fished with him a bunch of times and never seen an alcoholic beverage on the boat for whatever that's worth. Personally I never drink beer before the sun goes down. I hate getting hangovers before I even go to bed.

T
TTFishon
xltom said:
I don't think it's about the cat and mouse game......I think they'd have to chop off Thuggin's arms and legs to keep him from fishing. Even then he'd probably learn to cast with his teeth...I've fished with him a bunch of times and never seen an alcoholic beverage on the boat for whatever that's worth. Personally I never drink beer before the sun goes down. I hate getting hangovers before I even go to bed.

Come to think about it, I've fished with Thuggin a few times and I've never seen an alcoholic beverage either.

T
Thuggin4Life
TTFishon said:
I guess I got lucky then.
well things have changed since you had yours.
xltom said:

ain't that the truth. too funny man.

X
xltom
You'd probably plug cut the discarded limbs and troll with em'

F
fishkiller
TTFishon said:
Did the laws change or did I just get lucky. For ten years after my duii I played the cat and mouse game and got caught driving while suspended at least 5 times. All I had to do was pay my fines and I now have a clean record to date. No felonies on my card. My last set of tickets were about 9 years ago so I've obviously changed my ways but there was a time when I didn't care.
If you are on court probation and you get a driving while suspended then it's a felony. I only know because I have a buddy who went through that whole ordeal and my hunting/fishing partner is a defense attorney. The legislature likes to tweak the laws when they see fit. Unforunately they and the police are the ones that know if the laws have been changed. Becareful bro.

T
TTFishon
fishkiller said:
If you are on court probation and you get a driving while suspended then it's a felony. I only know because I have a buddy who went through that whole ordeal and my hunting/fishing partner is a defense attorney. The legislature likes to tweak the laws when they see fit. Unforunately they and the police are the ones that know if the laws have been changed. Becareful bro.

I never went to court to deal with my driving while suspended citations. I always skipped the court date, then went in before my ten day grace period ended to discuss a payment plan and then paid my fines. It was an irresponsible way to live but it worked. BTW, my last driving while suspended was 8 or 9 years ago. In fact I haven't had a ticket since then. It took me 3 years before I got my liscence back though. Now my record's clean.