Coos River

I fished the Coos estuary this weekend with guide Martin Thurber and my wife’s family. I hooked and lost a big fish on our second pass upriver from the confluence with the Millicoma River (it broke off…not my fault!!). We had another drive-by before moving lower in the river as the tide bottomed out. Fishing was slow with another fish hooked and lost until the tide changed in the early afternoon. We moved out to the channel area near town and a bunch of fish moved in with the tide We had hook ups on 5 straight passes landing four fish. We finished the day looking for that pod up river and found them near the bridge hooking two more and landing one (My wife Denise got it and it was the big fish of the day. It was a great day all in all and we saw several boats hooked up too during the afternoon incoming tide in the channel. We fished cut plug herring in natural and green brine behind an in line flasher. We staged our rods so that they are fishing near the bottom to a few feet above that depth. According to Martin, fishing should hold up another week and then he’s heading to the Umpqua.

A bunch of rain will keep me off the river this week but I hope to get out this weekend…good luck to everyone and tight lines! That’s it from here! Stay safe!

sand flea

Good Morning guys I was wondering if there is a website for surf fishing reports? It would be sweet if it included the Florence area.

Top Bottom