Coos Bay??

C
catchemfish
Im new to the fishing forum, ive been fishing the eugene area for a few years now, mostly for trout and bass. Im heading down to coos bay area this thursday, I dont have a boat but am hoping to do some jetty fishing and/or crabbing while im there. Does anyone know of a spot where I could do some fishing and crabbing at the same time from shore. If not any good spots that work for one or the other. Thanks

R
RunWithSasquatch
Since no one jumped in to help on this one, Ill throw what I know, which is next to nothing. I used to work for a millwright contractor, and we worked at a mill in Coosbay everyweekend for almost a year. I didn't do any fishing while i was down there, and Im not sure about any jetty fishing. But I do think I have seen/ think its possible to throw some rings off the board walk in downtown Coosbay, and bobber fish or throw spinners in the same location.

C
catchemfish
ok thanks, any info helps, how about Charleston area, do you know anything about that?

C
Coastaldweller
The ocean is crazy right now. Jetty/rock fishing is out.... Charleston would be a better place to go crabbing. a lot of crabs to be had right now. Your best bet would be to go up the river and try for a salmon.

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
if you want to crab in coos bay,try the empire boat dock,at the end of newmark,if its trout you want try 1 mile back into town
at empire lakes,they stocked the lakes about 3 weeks ago and i know that there are some nice fatties in there(power eggs on the bottom).
if you want more info,pm me.

C
catchemfish
ok thanks, I ended up just staying in town and trying the willamette but with no success.