Coos Bay rock fishing

nb07bcar
Hello all,

Well its our annual trip up north to Sunset Bay and last year we did great crabbing (half soft shells) but over all great up by the pilings north of Charleston. This year we would like to fish a little also. I have read as much as I can and it looks like in the bay you fish the submerged jetty the rock pile by the channel markers outside Charleston. I also see rock plies on Navionics straight out from the mouth of the bay and down south on Simpson Reef. Last year I saw boats off the reef, but they look so close to those rocks. Is that how you guys do it there. Fish in 40 to 60ft water near those rocks? Do you get pushed into those rocks? Or is there somewhere else to find some nice rockfish and lings. Like to target some bigger guys, but just don't have any local knowledge of this area. I see some structure further out at 200 to 300ft water, but its not that defined and hate to drive the boat out that far for nothing with how gas is now a days. Any help would be great! Also here in CA we just use shrimp flys with squid tips or swim baits for lings. Is that what they like in Oregon. I'm sure it will works since they are all rockfish.

rogerdodger
PM sent.

Reactions: troutdude
Top Bottom