Cool old school lures

troutdude
troutdude
Connected today, with a guy on Craig's list. I bought some really cool lures...some old school, and some more modern. I've been fishing, for 45 years (and buying, selling, trading, collecting lures). I've never seen any of these 5, until today.

Bottom is a copper Russelure, No. 2 & 5/8.
Middle is a nickel Hopkins, NO-EOL 4.
Upper Left is a brass inline Norman (or Nordman) Vibro 4 <made in England>
Upper Right is a copper Side Winder
Middle top is a Baby Bat

Lures bought from Brian in Eugene.jpg

Here's the underbelly, of the Baby Bat

Baby Bat lure underbelly.jpg

More old school (I think) Lures:

Bottom is a Nebco Tor-P-Do 2 (with a Copper underbelly...just like the Original Dardevle. I hope it works as well!!!)
Middle is simply called "The Fish Catcher" (actually stamped on it)...we'll see...LOL
Top is a Nickel Kamlooper spoon (it's a thick spoon with stamped metal...they don't do that in the factories of today)

More old school lures.jpg

T
tomriker
Sweet lookin bat

troutdude
troutdude
TR, do you know anything about 'em? Where they are made, for example?

Irishrover
Irishrover
I have the hopkins #4. I use it for bottom fish jiging only with a treble hook. It's a heavy piece of metal.

troutdude
troutdude
Irishrover said:
I have the hopkins #4. I use it for bottom fish jiging only with a treble hook. It's a heavy piece of metal.

Yep; it's pretty hefty (feels like one to maybe 2 ounces). I'm thinking that it may work, as a dodger/flasher top-water trolling for trout/kokes early season. It's worth a try anyway. But, I could definitely see it work well as a jig too.

C_Run
C_Run
I remember the bat lure was always advertised on the inside of magazine covers and touted as some fish slaying modern masterpiece, sending out fish -attracting vibrations through out the water. My friend scraped his pennies together and ordered one. We took it to the lake , ready to slay the trout. It did not seem to really work as advertised. In fact, I don't remember him catching anything with it.

T
tomriker
Yeah I did a little research lastnight, made in New Jersey, they're worth 10-20 bucks now depending on condition. Double that if they're in the original package.

H
halibuthitman
That kamloop spoon is still made, design is even still the same, available at walmart-

troutdude
troutdude
Yeah, I figured some were common like the Kamloop. At least, I think, I got an old school version. And I paid just less than, $2/lure.

The Baby Bat, is probably only worth $10. It's missing some paint.

But, I'm going to try them all--and see how they perform. That's the fun of it. I'm not in it, to collect. But, to pursue fish--and using old school gear is fun; and it often produces!

T
tomriker
bring the bat over here and let me try it :)

Top Bottom