Cool Deer Story and Pics!

B

beaverfan

So my girlfriend drug me out to this park to go for a walk. So we went to Tualatin Hills Nature Park like smack dab in the middle of Beaverton. It's a good size park with several miles of trails. We decided to take a less traveled trail that had a sign saying unless you have proper footwear then don't go back there because it gets really muddy. So we walk for about five minutes down this trail, it was pretty muddy. Were walking along, I look up and see the back legs and back half of an animal. I was like dang that's a big dog! After a second or two I realize it's a Deer, and there's a second one right behind it! It was a mama and her yearling. Were about 60-70 ft away. We froze, they were eating, then they would look up at us and then get back to eating. After a good five minutes or so we were tired of standing there, the mom was about 10 ft off to the left of the trail and the yearling was off on the right but we couldn't see it from where we were. We slowly walk on by with the mom barely giving us a glance. The little guy was about 5-6ft off to the right of the trail and it just sat there munching away and looking at us. Neither of them had any fear at all of humans. I would have though that the teenagers would have messed with them enough that they would at least have some fear. After watching them for a few more minutes we decided to leave them be and go on our way. A really neat experience though. We got a bunch of pics but my girlfriend is too lazy to upload them right now so all I have for now is one from my cell phone. It's fur looks kinda messed up because it's losing it's winter coat.

Last edited:
T

TTFishon

Nice pics for a cell phone. I think that deer has the mange. There's a few of them around here that have that crap and it's not pretty.

B

beaverfan

I'm pretty sure this guy didn't have mange. From what I've seen animals that have mange will lose there hair and leave bald patches. This little guy had no bald spots or anything. Just spots that had a shorter, lighter colored coat. If you look real good at pics 1 and 2 you will see that this guys still got a full coat.

H

Hawk

COOL...:cool::cool::cool:

Great pics Bro.

:D:D:D

Here lots of wild critters come to drink from the pond & some munch on bushes, berries, etc

Doe & fawns like to sit in the sun & nap by the pond...

:):)