Cool day on the Columbia

Irishrover
Irishrover
I put up the spey rod and took a break from the steelhead quest today. I hit the Columbia about 7:30 to day. Put in at the 42nd ave boat ramp and pulled plug cut herring around from the I-205 area to the power lines. Fishing was slow. Saw lot of boats out there and about eight fish caught. What a change from steelhead fishing. Sitting in a chair drinking hot coffee and BS-ing with a friend was quite relaxing. Next trip I'll have to focus more on catching a chinook!;)

Last edited:
G
GreenDrifter
Fishing is closed today isn't it?

F
FishFinger
Yes, it's open and YES it was cold and wet this morning. I too caught a ride out of the 42nd St launch. We went the other direction towards the I-5. Quite a few boats there as well. Only had a limited window to fish (6:30 to 8:00). Saw no action seen till we closed in on the ramp and saw one being netted and another being played out.

Gonna hit again tomorrow w/ out the time limit!

Last edited:
A
ArcticAmoeba
Below Hayden it is 3 days a week, and above the lines it is 4.

T
Triple Threat
We fished between I-5 and the railroad bridge today, 0700 to 1600. Very slow day for all the boats and rods in the water. We saw about 5 keepers and 2 natives released. Trolled herring and sat and the hook with kwick fish. Back out tomorrow.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Triple Threat said:
We fished between I-5 and the railroad bridge today, 0700 to 1600. Very slow day for all the boats and rods in the water. We saw about 5 keepers and 2 natives released. Trolled herring and sat and the hook with kwick fish. Back out tomorrow.

We were down in that area too. We just made it to the I-205 bridge on our last run. Once the rain stoped it was an enjoyable day the key was no wind. Pluss I like to check out all the boats it's like a boat show on the water. Triple Threat next trip is going to be a good one it's going to be nothing but Fish On

A
ArcticAmoeba
Hmm, I heard of quite a few fin clips today. But a lot of 'em were down by the airport, and right below the 205 bridge, and all came before 10 a.m. mostly on rolled herring.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Well there was this one time , and this is no fish story, right out from the airport in bout 24' of water between the I-205 bridge and th 42nd ave boat ramp we counted no less than five nets in the water at once. I don't think they were smelt nets either;) I have a feeling that the strech between the I-5 bridge to the east end of Government Island is going to get hot pretty soon.

Last edited: