Conditions..

E

eggs

As of last night it was not very high but very cloudy.. not muddy but a thick light brown 6-12" visability.. The silt has come.. I have a feeling this will be the way the river will look for the next couple weeks or month of melting on Mt. Hood + storms.. :(

Happens every year...

F

fishwithdynamite

Floated Oxbow to Dabney today, visibility was more like 2.5-3 feet. One jack died, (not by my rod), just below the Oxbow ramp a ways. That was it for 2 boats though, not a good catch ratio. Mostly backtrolled wrapped k-fish, and bait (eggs, shrimp). If the rain holds off, fishing will only improve.

M

mgdguy

Yea I'm waiting to see what the conditions are like tomorrow afternoon before committing to Saturday fishing...

E

eggs

Was down tonight.. maybe 2 feet of vis.. still cloudy but a decent color... a springer 13#, got pulled out just before I got to the river... running a tad high but fishable!

M

metalfisher76

If the rain skirts by, with the snow level coming down, it may be O TAY!:cool:

E

eggs

I know of 6 springers pulled out of the Sandy yesterday using eggs.. during hail storms..

the river looked just about perfect, could use another foot of visibility.. but I was up above Dodge and by a series of larger rapids that stir up stuff.. might be better lower down...

on a side note.... BOBBER fish right now.. the bottom of the river is filled with branches.. I pulled out 8-9 last night that were over 4 feet long drift fishing..

Don't focus on seems, look for boils was the advice I got from the people I talked with that got into fish..

"FISH ON... ahh damnit another stick"

Last edited:
G

gordo

Good to know, eggs.
I wasn't fishing yesterday, but ran into a guy down below dodge who had been bobber fishing all day and didn't even get a nibble. He was using eggs and sand shrimp and fishing seams. I was expecting cloudier water but it wasn't bad at all, but with all of the rain in today's forecast, that river's gonna be a risin'!

E

eggs

sounds like the Sandy is finally picking up! now shhhhh don't tell ANYONE... if someone asks.. point them to the columbia for summers..