Computer virus alert

T

TTFishon

I received this email today. Just letting the peeps know.

VIRUS COMING !

Hi All,

I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!

I checked Snopes, and it is for real. Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK ,' regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE , which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it. If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus
Ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

COPY THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS.

REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US

Brad Brouse - Principal
Quaker Village P.S.
(905)852-7303 or Fax(905)852-7692

brandon4455

brandon4455

holy moly thanks for the heads u tt that dosen't sound very good..

T

TTFishon

Yep, pretty old but if I get a Hallmark card in my email I'm still going to delete it.

S

Spydeyrch

This has been going around for a number of years. It changes every year but it is still the same iteration of the same bad thing. The good thing is that it really only affects a Windows system.

So .... all of you using OS X should be safe. Also, all of us using Linux are safe too. If you use a VM you will be fine too, no need to worry about it. Just use safe browsing techniques and be smart.

-Spydey

A

Anyfishisfine

As a general rule any email that says you should forward it is a fake.

Top Bottom