commonweath lake

F
fishtales
Today I went to Beaverton for business. While I was there I stopped at Commonwealth Lake to try out my brand new Spinning rod 9ft medium drifter IM7 specialty 2 piece Field and Stream edition and my new Shimano Sedona 250FD real.

My set up included a 1 ¼ float, a size 3 split shot, a size 6 hook, autzke fire corn and 12 pound monofilament mainline.

I’m in charge of packing in my family so I had no problem getting my fishing gear to the fishing spot and back to the car with out leaving a mess. I even had room to spare. I know trashed fishing spots are a sensitive subject for some and I’m happy to say I did my part today to keep it neat.

I did not catch anything and the only time I might have had a bite was when I turned my back walked away from my pole for a second and it fell over on its side.

It was a really nice morning. I had the camera so I took a few pictures. I have to say that the native dogwoods and vine maples planted there sure give the lake a natural setting. Over all I had a blast.

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
N
n8r1
Try Commonwealth next week. They are scheduled to stock it on 4/19 (although that doesn't always mean that they stock it that day, but sometime that week)

You can call the North Willamette ODFW number 971 673 6000 to find out exactly when they stock it. Go out quickly because Commonwealth gets fished out pretty quickly, due to its location in the heart of Beaverton.

M
Moe
I was there on monday, caught one 10 in. trout and saw plenty 16 inchers caught. Can't wait till next monday!! 1,500 legals just waiting for me to catch them!!

F
fishtales
Thanks for the stocking schedule. Knowing that there are fish in there right now make me want to go back and try it again.

B
beaverfan
Moe said:
I was there on monday, caught one 10 in. trout and saw plenty 16 inchers caught. Can't wait till next monday!! 1,500 legals just waiting for me to catch them!!

The date they put on the stocking schedule isn't always the date the fish go in. It just means that sometime that week they will be stocked. Call the number on the stocking schedule to verify if they've stocked it or not. Usually Commonwealth doesn't get stocked till Tuesday or Wednesday.