Commonwealth Lake Fishing

B
beaverfan
No it is directly off of 185th. If you are coming from 26 it is on your left hand side right before you get to the intersection of 185th and West Union.

B
BIG D
beaverfan said:
No it is directly off of 185th. If you are coming from 26 it is on your left hand side right before you get to the intersection of 185th and West Union.

OK color me stupid but 185th doesn't cross hwy 26, 182 does and i don't see no west union north or south of hwy 26 just houses??? i know gresham has changed a bit but????????? is this N or S of powell??? never been there help me beaverfan Thanks Big D

B
beaverfan
Thats your problem! It's in Beaverton.

P
pdx89
michaelkim9582 said:
yeh i know that commonwealth is stocked with bass, catfish, and bluegill. but im not so sure about bethany. Does anyone know? I live somewhat close to commonwealth as my dad works for nike which is close to commonwealth. I think I'll check out commonwealth next week if the sun shows up.
well im ot to sure about the whole stocking thing... never heared it before, that those two lakes get stockes with those fish. but im probably wrong.
all i know is that that the have fish in there and thats all i care about:D lol

P
pdx89
beaverfan said:

its the same way as getting to PCC rock creek (you can even follow those signs), if you see Albersons on your left, then your to far. turn around. hope that helps

C
chris61182
michaelkim9582 said:
yeh i know that commonwealth is stocked with bass, catfish, and bluegill. but im not so sure about bethany. Does anyone know? I live somewhat close to commonwealth as my dad works for nike which is close to commonwealth. I think I'll check out commonwealth next week if the sun shows up.

I believe I've read at some point it's a local Bass and Panfish club who stocks the warm water fish, in particular channel cats and crappie.

B
beaverfan
That's entirely possible. But I know it's stocked because there is a park sign that says so. I have fished this lake for a while and there is not many people out there bass fishing. There is a lot of catfisherman though.

P
pdx89
i dont know if i would want to take any fish out of there:think:
its sad that our communities and the leaders are not leanning so much in favor of fishing.... what im trying to say, is that they could have made the commonwealth a better pond than it is. yes they did work on it, and for that thank you:clap:. but still much more needs to be done ...

N
Noahk
Did anyone get out to Commonwealth or Bethany this weekend? Any luck? I stopped by both for a short time and got nothing. It didn't seem like anyone was doing very well at either location.

G
Geko125
Noahk said:
Did anyone get out to Commonwealth or Bethany this weekend? Any luck? I stopped by both for a short time and got nothing. It didn't seem like anyone was doing very well at either location.

I went to Bethany yesterday evening, no luck, my swing by there again today

P
pdx89
been by Bethany today... nothing much.. a few people fishing but are not doing good.. maybe later in the day when the temp will cool:think:

B
beaverfan
pdx89 said:
been by Bethany today... nothing much.. a few people fishing but are not doing good.. maybe later in the day when the temp will cool:think:

I went to Bethany this morning at about 7 am. Fishing was superb until about 9 when the sun really started hitting the pond. I'm really starting to wish I had a clue about how to fish for bass because the last two times I've been out there I have seen some monsters lurking.

P
pdx89
well i have be through there afternoon... it was boiling hot
about bass, its not so hard. it just takes some practice, better if you are being taught rather than learning yourself. Good luck

p.s. i would try learnning to fish for bass in the river, for me personal its easier to catch them there

F
FishSchooler
Mysterious lake

Mysterious lake

After being picked up from violin lessons my dad saidhe found a stocked lake:shock: drove over and 5minaway was commonwealth! didn't know it was there!:dance::shock::dance:

P
pdx89
Yeap there is such lake:) also Bethany;)
did you catch something ?

B
beaverfan
FishSchooler said:
After being picked up from violin lessons my dad saidhe found a stocked lake:shock: drove over and 5minaway was commonwealth! didn't know it was there!:dance::shock::dance:

Ya it's a great lake. Too bad they still haven't it stocked it yet. I haven't been by to see if the water level is up at all? Did the water look low to you? Still has some nice catfish and bass in there though. According to a park volunteer someone pulled a 24 inch native cutthroat out of there. Must have been a sea run just wandering around or something.

F
FishSchooler
I did not fish, just walked around. Couldnt tell how clear the water was cause it was pretty dark. There was some people fishing, I heard them shout in excitement so I think they caught one. Lots of ducks and the water level looked norma, about 2 feet away from the fence. The people there said they stocked it 2 weeks ago. Looking at the map, the thin end of the lake where a creek runs in looks like a killer spot. You have the creek then a small point at the end of the creek. Where/how far is bethany? Walking distance?

B
beaverfan
I have been calling odfw several times a week to see if they stocked it and they keep telling me no but who knows stranger things have happened. No Bethany isn't walking distance but it's not real far either. It's about 3/4 of a mile north of hwy. 26 on 185th. It's right before the intersection with West Union. If you get to the light you passed it. I don't see how you could possibly miss it though.:dance::dance:

P
pdx89
beaverfan said:
Ya it's a great lake. Too bad they still haven't it stocked it yet. I haven't been by to see if the water level is up at all? Did the water look low to you? Still has some nice catfish and bass in there though. According to a park volunteer someone pulled a 24 inch native cutthroat out of there. Must have been a sea run just wandering around or something.

Cutthroat trout,native, and 24'' inch out of there? :think: ... i dont know, a bit hard to believe:confused:... maybe it was a stocked trout... but mostly they dump 8''-10'' rainbow trout in to the pond