CombatChuck and I are hitting the Siletz tomorrow

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Anyone else plan on being around? We're going to see what it looks like when we get there but most likely will float around town or further down. Depends on where the usual Drift Boat And Banker Show decides to set up tent.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Troutski
Troutski
May your wields hold..

May your wields hold..

GraphiteZen said:
Anyone else plan on being around? We're going to see what it looks like when we get there but most likely will float around town or further down. Depends on where the usual Drift Boat And Banker Show decides to set up tent.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Best of luck and tight lines, I am going out on Sunday; not for your hogg style fish.
Fish none the less...:pray:

Chuck

C
Combat Chuck
Change of plans, we hit the Alsea instead. Zen nailed the first one then just a bend down the river I hooked my very first ever. About 10 seconds of adrenaline then fear took over. I HAVE TO LAND THIS MONSTER! Oh man it was fun. After a long fight we got it banked. 32" :cool: I think I could get into this steel head thing ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
You forgot to mention the six 18+ inch cutthroats we got! Good day to be on the river!
I got some video of CC fighting his fish but unfortunately the excitement got the better of my tongue. So, until further editing, it isn't fit for family viewing :lol::lol::lol:
FISH ON!!!!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Looks like you guys had a great day! Lots of blue sky in those pictures too.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Great fish guys. Nice work on the fist one man. Hopefully this is a regular thing for you now. You live too close to the best Steelhead water around right now, for it not to be a weekly venture! Haha, nice work guys.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Oh and I forgot to mention CC's fish is a HAWG!!! Most of the swearing on the video takes place when I see it for the first time in the water... 15 mins(!!!) later we were finally able to bank it without the thing trying to kill us both!! Mine was considerably smaller and tired out a little sooner, but no wonder after the (count em) seven somersaulting leaps out of the water :dance::dance:

I will say it's a good thing CC's fish didn't jump like mine did IN ADDITION to how hard it drove... I would have had to call a Medi-Vac for him... I'm not sure, but I believe he had to take a knee when we banked it hahaha. I quickly administered Gatoraid and smelling salts, all was well. :clap::clap:

C
Combat Chuck
GraphiteZen said:
I'm not sure, but I believe he had to take a knee when we banked it hahaha. I quickly administered Gatoraid and smelling salts, all was well. :clap::clap:

And the knee soon went to flat on my back :D haha...

C
Chedster
I think I saw you guys put in today and it looks like you guys did good to boot! I hooked my first ever also today but lost it at the bank! I think tomorrow I need to redeem myself. Good Job guys!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Chedster said:
I think I saw you guys put in today and it looks like you guys did good to boot! I hooked my first ever also today but lost it at the bank! I think tomorrow I need to redeem myself. Good Job guys!

Aww man! Lost it at the bank... That hurts haha. Good luck tomorrow, I'll be around as well. Shout if you see me (but not too loud eh?) Don't want to spook em!

Check it out haha!
YouTube - Steelhead1

I say "dude" way to much haha DUDE!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Last edited:
C
Chedster
That's exactly how I lost mine went to pick it up and it flopped straight back into the water! oh man good times.

F
FishSchooler
GraphiteZen said:
Aww man! Lost it at the bank... That hurts haha. Good luck tomorrow, I'll be around as well. Shout if you see me (but not too loud eh?) Don't want to spook em!

Check it out haha!
YouTube - Steelhead1

I say "dude" way to much haha DUDE!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Totally dude. Watch out for your rod and the fish next time dude. Nice fish dude. :D;):lol::cool:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
YouTube - Steelhead2

Fun stuff!! This is when Ben started getting stressed haha. I kinda was too can't ya tell?

Oh and Fishschooler, don't get smart dude. :lol::lol:

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Ooops I forgot the most critical piece OFF information!

We bought live sand shrimp at the Fisherman's Corner in Philomath and fished just the tails under an egg sized orange bead and bobber. Hooked them both in water of moderate to slow speed, 5 -10 feet deep, close to trees and shaded ledges ;);)

C
Combat Chuck
I know there some more pictures around somewhere.... ;)

F
FishSchooler
GraphiteZen said:
YouTube - Steelhead2

Fun stuff!! This is when Ben started getting stressed haha. I kinda was too can't ya tell?

Oh and Fishschooler, don't get smart dude. :lol::lol:

Totally dude. ;)

R
RIVERFISHER
were on alsea was you all

B
bigdog
Combat Chuck said:
Change of plans, we hit the Alsea instead. Zen nailed the first one then just a bend down the river I hooked my very first ever. About 10 seconds of adrenaline then fear took over. I HAVE TO LAND THIS MONSTER! Oh man it was fun. After a long fight we got it banked. 32" :cool: I think I could get into this steel head thing ;).

Very nice job man. See I need to get to know them rivers down that way and move away from the local ones for a change.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Riverfisher we floated from the Mill Creek ramp to the next one down. Campbell I think it is... A great float :dance::dance:

Bigdog I would have to say the same about the north. I saw a video last night of the Sandy.. That is a nice looking river!!

Last edited:
B
bigdog
GraphiteZen said:
Riverfisher we floated from the Mill Creek ramp to the next one down. Campbell I think it is... A great float :dance::dance:

Bigdog I would have to say the same about the north. I saw a video last night of the Sandy.. That is a nice looking river!!

Well maybe we will have to do some trip trades lol