columbia river herring trolling rig help

O
OneMore
This may be a lame question but one I need to ask. Proper way to rig a herring for tolling and perhaps a proper area to troll. I have a pretty good idea but am sure I am doing in incorrect. Perhaps some very kind person could show me photos and instructions or maybe even better take me out and show me? :pray:

O
OneMore
Thank you that does help a lot.

K
Kodiak
Add Anise

Add Anise

When you add anise to the brine don't use the grocery store stuff. Go to the helth food store and get the alchol free extract. It works much better. 'Nooks smell booze, and it will affect your catch rate. I also add some other stuff to it and a UV dye and crush fish with it.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Fish in lanes, or chutes that you can spot on the fish looker that are about 18-25 feet deep. A little more, and a little less and you should find fish too, but this is where all of our our coming from so far. Some good advice is to rig like some shallow, muddy rivers in AK. In other words, you won't need long droppers. There are not enough fish stacked up in holes to even run 20 inches of dropper. You will be sailing right above them. It doesn't mean they didn't see it, but you have to hit 'em in the face right now when you are rollin herring. We are running some basic herring, but it is getting dow to them, so I attribute the success to finding that missing link. At first we thought our Herring was garbage, but after a day of trial and error, we got to sinkin a 7 inch dropper for the run we fished, and killed our two in three passes. If you roll plug cuts, make sure you get them down there.