Columbia River fin clipped only!

W
waco
Today wasthe last day to get out there and get any fall chinook beginning tomorrow Friday 23rd will be a fin clipped only fishery!

I went to bouy 10 today for the fist time we went 5/6 I brought a nice bright beautiful silver!
Nice sunset. 20130822_065214.jpg
My freshest and earliest coho ever and first fish ever from the Columbia.
20130822_193910.jpg

Last edited:
Irishrover
Irishrover
Glad you made it down here to fish. We took a couple of chinook home today that we caught up near the Astoria bridge. The closure for non fin clipped fish goes into effect on Friday...today was the last day to keep high finners. Don't be keeping any tomorrow.

troutdude
troutdude
Well done you guys. It's been smokin' hot!

H
Herefishyfishy
It looks like it's fin clipped to Rocky Point, from there to Bonneville they do not have to be. Am I reading that correct?

W
waco
I saw two guys with kayaks a yellow one and a red, I was thinking might be bass.
20130822_120912-1.jpg really hard to see but there is two kayaks there, the yellow one with a red flag and a net on top.

troutdude
troutdude
It does indeed look like Bass's rig. Bet he was tryin' for some sturgeon out there.

R
rippin fish lips
troutdude said:
It does indeed look like Bass's rig. Bet he was tryin' for some sturgeon out there.

Im calling it, that he was going after salmon :p

O
OnTheDrop
Crazy BASS-turd out there. Props if it was you BASS!

Oh, and nice fish WACO! Its a great experience out there.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Herefishyfishy said:
It looks like it's fin clipped to Rocky Point, from there to Bonneville they do not have to be. Am I reading that correct?

You are right you can keep non fin clipped fish up river from bouy 44. I went up to Rice Island to check it out. The water temp was 70 degrees up there, no action at all and only a couple of othere boats. Its a bit early for that spot. Waco I saw those kayaks out there too. We were fishing the bouy 22 to Hammon strech.