Columbia River 03-10-2011 Spinger

T
Thuggin4Life
18lber. maybe 50 other boats out in the bad weater we experianced today. good thing we never trust the weather man. water wasn't as bad as expected but being in a 12' boat you sure wish you had a bigger one. life was anything but simple on the water today but our effort paid off. got this little springer in the boat about 930. not a lot of fish being caught so feels good to be one the "lucky" boats of the day. think the ride back to cathedral park just about broke the welds on my boat. Fish wasn't massive but me and jeanna are eating good tonight. So bright it would have blinded you had the sun been shining. Mouth blacker than the deapest abyss on earth. Special thanks to Jeanna jigs aka my coho guide for getting that little boat of mine to the big river today. Only made a few trips for winters and the boats been sitting since november. Felt good to be back out at the helm again. wind in your face ,rain in your face, waves spashing in your face. Solid ground never felt so good after today. Ended up miss calculating gas consumption and had about a quart in the tank when i drove the boat up on the trailer. Think we gonna head back up on sunday. trying to assemble the troops and do it big this time. picture looks a bit funny but i was stradling my net.

• Springer!.jpg
Reactions: BobbiDollPDX
R
RunWithSasquatch
There it is!:clap:

T
Thuggin4Life
Not bad for the first trip out. Hopefully this season follows the trend of the last salmon season i participated in.

W
waco
Nice fishhh!!!! Congrats you are 1 of the firsts lucky 1's!!!!!!

R
RunWithSasquatch
And I highly doubt there is a net between your legs!:whistle:

N
nwkiller
ya buddy, way to go, was wondering when we would see ur posts again....what a day, i can only imagin what you went through....nice!!

S
Santiam338
Cool...We be going in a couple weeks..Hope to do as well as you..

N
nwkiller
its funny howa picture doesn't do justice on the little white caps that are trying to roll your boat!!! awesome pic

T
Throbbit _Shane
I seen it this morning :D

Nice fish andy!!! i bet that was fun

E
eggs
Bad ass bro! Rod down!

Troutski
Troutski
Sweet...

Sweet...

Well for the water temp being too cold and much to early in the season that is one very nice fish Andy....great job making the trip and being successful...:clap::clap::dance:

Chuck

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
T
the_intimidator03
Grats Andy glad the trip was sucessfull.

F
FishFinger
Good Job Andy. Nice looking springer!

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice Fish!!! Way to get out there and fish in less than ideal conditions!!!

M
mikeredding
Already? Dang Andy, you never give the rest of us a chance. Haha. Way to go. That's a beauty!!

M
Mad dog
Nice! Good start to the springer season!

B
bigsteel
nish fish man,,keep on trollin trollin trollin

Irishrover
Irishrover
Well done, nice fish!

M
metalfisher76
Noyce frikin springer man!